FORUMS: list search recent posts

Solo video track, not toggle track output

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendan Nagle
Solo video track, not toggle track output
on Jun 19, 2018 at 10:49:09 pm

Hey gang,

Wondered if anyone knew of a way to solo a video track / layer, as can be done with audio. Some of my projects are stacked pretty high and it would be nice to see certain bits alone. I know there's some way to hold a key and drag / disable or enable all of them (tho I can't seem to recall exactly how)... but I'd really love to just click one button to solo, especially if I have other tracks abled / disabled for a workflow reason and don't want to readjust.

Also - I often assume "there's a mod for that," as a lot of PC games I used to play were filled with community mods. Does such an ability / community exist with Premiere? I'd imagine Photoshop is a bit more flexible here. I've bought transition plug-ins before, which leads me to some hope for such modding, tho I'd imagine extensions are a lot easier to integrate than core program code revisions, especially softwares as frequently updated as these now are.

Answers to either, or relevant links to further reading, would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Brendan

Brendan Nagle
Filmmaker / Journalist / Actor
http://www.TheBrendanNagle.com

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
Re: Solo video track, not toggle track output
on Jun 21, 2018 at 12:13:19 pm

[Brendan Nagle] "I know there's some way to hold a key and drag / disable or enable all of them (tho I can't seem to recall exactly how)... but I'd really love to just click one button to solo, especially if I have other tracks abled / disabled for a workflow reason and don't want to readjust.
"

If you hold down the Shift Key and click on the "eye" icon (Toggle Track Output) for any on of your video tracks that will disable them all in one go, and you can then enable whichever track you want to "solo".

Shift-clicking any of the "eye" icons will take you back to normal.

Not exactly what you're asking for but it's a pretty simple option that might help.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]