FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch Capture without FireWire??

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brian norris
Batch Capture without FireWire??
on Jun 19, 2018 at 8:44:39 pm
Last Edited By brian norris on Jun 19, 2018 at 8:50:14 pm

I'm currently using Premiere Pro CC 2014 and a windows machine. Over 10 years ago I created batch lists for several minidv tapes. I recorded old home movies from a vhs deck so its one long video, hence I can't use the "scene detect" mode. Fast forward today now that I have the time to capture and work with all these tapes I've discovered that all the camera operators (FF RW Play, etc) are grayed out in the capture window since the camera is connected via USB not fire wire. I was hoping to be able to import the batch list (.csv file) pop in the appropriate tape and capture all the individual clips but I cant. Any suggestions on how this can be accomplished since I haven't been able to find a computer with a firewire port?? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: Batch Capture without FireWire??
on Jun 19, 2018 at 9:39:03 pm

Why not use firewire then? A deck will set you back 30 bucks or so...
Or, capture entire tapes and use the database stuff to create offline clips in aid to razor, or trough EDL conversion, or let my Recut do the cutting (see my site), or have Resolve cut it up.
If you want to have entire tapes, it's not worth the hassle of a preroll for each clip IMHO.
(Back in the days I never did it, I spend fortunes on RS 422 decks as FW machine control for batch capture is unbearable slow.)

hth,

Bouke
http://www.videotoolshed.com

Return to posts index

brian norris
Re: Batch Capture without FireWire??
on Jun 20, 2018 at 12:11:40 pm

Thanks for the reply Bouke. I'd actually love to use firewire! ☺ Unfortunately a laptop with a firewire input is what I'm missing from the setup I used 10 years ago which is why I'm having difficulty capturing a batch of clips that I already logged from the tapes (over 10 years ago). So I'm not sure what advantage purchasing a deck would get me over using the camcorder itself. Will using the deck allow me to control in and out points in the capture window in PP? It looks like I might just have to buy a firewire expansion card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]