FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keep the position of a clip in next added clip

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeshua Reyes
Keep the position of a clip in next added clip
on Jun 19, 2018 at 4:50:55 am

So, I'm swtching fron Vegas to Premiere. I've got a vid format that I've developed while using Vegas, switched to Premiere for its potencial and lots of freatures that could make my vids a lot better and and easier workflow with photoshop and After Effects, love a lot of stuff, but theres one problem I just can't get arround. So, I got an avatar that's actually a .png file, in the vids, it just keeps jumping from one pos to another, this avatar goes over a background or just footage. In Vegas, I used one tecnic to speed up the avatar editing and placement, I jus dropped the clips in one specific track and then used the "Track movement" feature in Vegas to instead of moving the x and y position of every clip, the position of the track itself, so, I set one new position with constant keyframes, and dropped the diferent avatar posses images according to what my voice tells, so the avatars keept in the same position and I didn't have to move them one by one.

I just can't get the same aproach in Premiere. What I want is simple. I transform the "Position" effect of a given clip (a .png image) and then, the next image y place gets the same transform of its predecessor, and when I change the position of one of then, the next clips ahead will now get that new position, as if I were chanching the position of the whole track.

I tried to do something similar by using nests, the I made a new separate panel just for the "avatars sequence" to see my master sequence and the avatars one at the same time, and add the images to the avatar sequence and then just change the position of that sequience in the master one, but, now I need the preview to keep showing only the master sequience, even if I'm editin in the avatar sequience, and I need the playhead to sync its position in time between sequences, so that I know where to put a new avatar image according to my master sequience.

I know it might not be quite easy to understand, but, if you're able to get what I mean and have any suggestionsm or any other way to get the same result, I'd be amazing. Thanks.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Keep the position of a clip in next added clip
on Jun 19, 2018 at 3:20:33 pm

Apply a Distort/Transform effect to an Adjustment layer above the track you want to effect. (You need to apply the transform effect...adjusting the transform controls of the adjustment layer won’t work)

Blade the Adjustment if you want the effect to change after a specific clip.

Return to posts index

Jeshua Reyes
on Jun 19, 2018 at 9:10:45 pm

John, Thanks a lot! That was just what I needed!

Return to posts index

Jeshua Reyes
on Jun 20, 2018 at 6:40:30 am

John, wellp, a little problen poped up with the method you said me. I made this video so you can see my problem. Excuse my english, BTW.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]