FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do you "lock" two clips TOGETHER so they animate in sync??

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Lino
How do you "lock" two clips TOGETHER so they animate in sync??
on Jun 18, 2018 at 9:02:21 pm

Hi there,

Having a lot of trouble trying to figure out what should be a relatively simple thing.

I have text over video of a car...... as the camera pans right to left (panning along the car).... I want the white text to stay in sync with the moving video, keeping it exactly within the width of the two doors.

Problem is.... if I manually animate the text just by itself.... it'll never look as good/precise as if the two clips were just "linked" as they were moving together.... like how Final Cut Pro can do.

Check out my image, is there a work-around??

Any help here?? Thx!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: How do you "lock" two clips TOGETHER so they animate in sync??
on Jun 18, 2018 at 9:58:38 pm

Motion tracking in After Effects.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jim Lino
on Jun 19, 2018 at 2:00:56 pm

Thanks Dave,

Got another question, perhaps you can help here, too....

Take this "ideal vehicle" text with the Autotrader logo from my image above.....

So I gotta now make this a movie file, so that I can drop it into After Effects....

But when I exported this little clip, I get a black screen background.

So I need to make this text the equivalent of a .png for Photoshop.... so that the movie is just the text, no background.

Can I do this in Premiere??

I guess the longer way would be to just put all the elements into After Effects and create that quote from scratch again.

But just asking if this is possible...... thank you!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 18, 2018 at 10:03:13 pm

[Jim Lino] "Problem is.... if I manually animate the text just by itself.... it'll never look as good/precise as if the two clips were just "linked" as they were moving together.... like how Final Cut Pro can do."

Final Cut Pro has a way to have text track with an object? That's pretty cool. I didn't know that. With Adobe and Avid, I have to use something like Mocha Pro to do the tracking.

To be clear, what you want to do is lock the text to the side of the car so what when it moves, the text moves. Yeah, that's exactly what a TRACKER is for. And the best one I know of is Mocha Pro.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jim Lino
on Jun 19, 2018 at 1:33:11 pm

Yeah, in FCP you can pretty much group the clips together with a Shift + click, exactly like you would be able to in Photoshop...

Or really.... everything is the same in Adobe Premiere....

They just need to allow the "Effect Controls" box to open up when you have clicked together more than one clip. That's it.

I've been meaning to learn After Effects, kinda sucks this small little technique can't be done natively. But ah well... maybe I'll look at Mocha Pro.

Thanks for the help, guys!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]