FORUMS: list search recent posts

No playback on some audio clips

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elaine White
No playback on some audio clips
on Jun 15, 2018 at 6:02:19 pm

Hey everyone-

Is anyone else having this problem? Sometimes when I open a project there will be a handful of audio clips that just won't play. The waveform is still there, nothing is muted or disabled, but it just isn't audible in the timeline or the source monitor. There will be clips on the same track that are fine. I've cleaned the media cache, restarted, and relinked. The only solution that seems to work is duplicating, renaming, and reimporting the file.

I was having that glitch earlier when the audio in the timeline just won't play at all, which seems to be solved just by soloing a track and then un-soloing (weird), but this is a whole different thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: No playback on some audio clips
on Jun 15, 2018 at 6:21:19 pm

[Elaine White] "Sometimes when I open a project there will be a handful of audio clips that just won't play."

This seems to be a current bug. I have found that simply soloing and then un-soloing any or the tracks on the timeline corrects the issue. It will then work fine until you close the project. It may or may not happen again the next time you open that or another project. Hope that helps.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Elaine White
on Jun 15, 2018 at 6:37:25 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, Oliver.

Unfortunately that isn't the case with this particular issue. As I mentioned, I have also had that problem, but that solution isn't working on this glitch!

Return to posts index

Abigail Grooms
on Jun 15, 2018 at 8:41:12 pm

I've been having this problem as well, only for the past few hours. and haven't discovered a resolution. Even if it is a current bug, I am concerned that I will not be able to retrieve my meticulously edited audio. The soloing and un-soloing the track has not worked for me either. What other avenues are you trying to mitigate this issue?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]