FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copy settings from one account to another?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Tom Sanders
Copy settings from one account to another?
on Jun 13, 2018 at 10:39:27 pm

On a previous gig I created a number of settings (keyboard shortcuts, Encoder settings, etc) which I would like to use on another job. My adobe login on the first job was tied to that employer's email account. How do I move the settings to a new user account, so I don't have remain logged in under my old job's account info (ie email)?

(In the old days, I'd just copy the local settings file, but since newer versions have different folders, etc, it seems like things would go more smoothly if I could use the tool Adobe designed for this.)

Tom Sanders
Editor
http://www.tomsanders.com

Return to posts index

Tom Sanders
Re: Copy settings from one account to another?
on Jun 13, 2018 at 11:11:02 pm

Better question:

Can I maintain a user account under my own name, independent of whomever I'm working for and whatever license they may have? ie, use their license when I'm at their facility, and still be able to access and use my own application settings?

How would I set this up?

Tom Sanders
Editor
http://www.tomsanders.com

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on Jun 14, 2018 at 9:46:39 am

Bottom left there is this CC icon
Open and select: use settings from different account.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Jun 14, 2018 at 8:09:01 pm

I find it easiest to simply upload your keyboard shortcuts and layout prefs to google drive and then just copy them to the adobe folder on whichever system you work on.

Windows 10 Pro | i7-5820k CPU | 64 gigs RAM | NvidiaGeForceGTX970 | Blackmagic Decklink 4k Mini Monitor |
Adobe CC 2018 |Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0 | Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 | Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with FreeFileSync

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]