FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best Way To Output To Preview Monitor?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Bull
Best Way To Output To Preview Monitor?
on Jun 13, 2018 at 7:32:18 pm

Hi team,

I am researching the best way to output my video preview from Premiere Pro CC, EDIUS and Black Magic to a 3rd monitor only dedicated to that output (I.e. NOT have it as a 3rd monitor in extended monitor mode from a single GPU).

I want to run my computer with dual desktops on two monitors from my GTX 970, keep my 3rd GPU for background rendering (in Premiere or AE if possible, but I use it for other 3D rendering nonetheless, Turbulence FD, Octane...). I then want to have a 3rd monitor specifically for video preview output from Premiere (but also Black Magic and EDIUS definitely, and AE and NUKE if possible).

What are the different ways to do this? Up until now I have been just hooking 3 monitors up to my 970 and full screening the preview window on the 3rd monitor, extended desktop style, but I am exploring better, more professional options, and folks seem to output to a 3rd monitor that is dedicated to preview only (no 3rd extended desktop monitor when not in use for video preview).

I have been looking at the Black Magic Intensity Pro 4K. Will this do the trick? It won't conflict with my 2 GTX cards? Will it just slot into my spare PCI slot? It looks quite small.

Any other considerations?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Dan Bull
Re: Best Way To Output To Preview Monitor?
on Jun 14, 2018 at 5:34:05 pm

And should I simply output a video preview from my 2nd GPU (currently only used for 3D GPU rendering)? I'm not even sure if this is possible. If it is, could I do it for Premiere ProCC, AECC, NUKE, and EDIUS? What would the ramifications be on the rest of my system? Would it slow down CPU, or cause confusion anywhere? Is it economical, power-wise and resource-wise to use a Titan X for video preview output?

Let me know your thoughts please team.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]