FORUMS: list search recent posts

Issue with multicam edit, premiere pro cc

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cristian Paradiso
Issue with multicam edit, premiere pro cc
on Jun 11, 2018 at 9:14:07 pm

Hi guys...First time messaging here...and glad I can ask for something it almost ruined my day job, which I eventually got it around it, but wasn't a solution. So basically couple of days ago we filmed a corporate video, pretty simple 2 interviewee 3x C300 canon shooting a 2048x1080 a sound guy... So we shot the interviews and then I was the one to edit it today....So the issue now, I get the three camera clips on the media source, select them> right click> multicam> all good but > now I have audio processing, 1,2,3, of 3 on the screen and waiting..... 10m after I tiny little line showed up, meaning to finish it would have taken the whole day (which I didn't have) So I checked and at every clip on the C300 there were 4 audio channels (two of which empty) attached, and the sound guy connected his sound on the wide shot camera which then had 4 channels all full, could have this slowed it down? Now Obviously I had only today so my work around was to grab each clip, unlink the sound, delete the 3 audio channels, leaving one, link it back again...for all of them...stack them on top of each others in the timeline and hit Syncronize them all...It worked but it was laborious and It's a messy job done, with the risk to unsync them by mistake. I just want to hear if that's normal and what did I do wrong? Clips were about 35/40m each. Thanks in advance to whom will shine some light :)

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: Issue with multicam edit, premiere pro cc
on Jun 12, 2018 at 3:23:15 pm

[Cristian Paradiso] "Clips were about 35/40m each"

That's why it was taking a long time to process the multicam syncing. Depending on how powerful your computer is a clip 40mins long could take quite some time to sync.

Windows 10 Pro | i7-5820k CPU | 64 gigs RAM | NvidiaGeForceGTX970 | Blackmagic Decklink 4k Mini Monitor |
Adobe CC 2018 |Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0 | Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 | Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with FreeFileSync

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jun 12, 2018 at 5:06:01 pm

So sync them manually, been doing it forever that way. Find a common word near beginning of each clip. For my wedding footage it might be the minister saying "Good morning everyone!". Find that on each clip, line up the hard "G" sound, then zoom in to frame level and manually line up waveforms in audio tracks. Done, takes a couple of minutes.

Also, before you even do that, in Project Bin, right-click video clip and choose Modify > Audio Channels. This can really help reduce excess audio track clutter on the timeline - take that 4 channel audio down to 1 stereo channel if only using stereo before moving clip to timeline, will be much cleaner on timeline. Have to deal with this with Sony .mxf files and I don't know why in the world they are 4-channel to start with since camera can only record 2 channels at most anyways....

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Cristian Paradiso
on Jun 13, 2018 at 7:36:39 pm

Thanks so much Jeff, this is exactly what I was trying to do but couldn't find, and it was that simple?...I was under pressure and I couldn't find that option....Glad I can now sort this issue if it comes again... Thanks to everyone for the help...Great community...I'm sure I'll have tons of other questions as my freelance work is increasing and issues with that too will increase. lol

Return to posts index

Cristian Paradiso
on Jun 13, 2018 at 7:39:17 pm

Computer was a very fast one... So I think the issue was the 12 audio channels it had to deal with and obviously the length which I think it was actually about 16m x3 clips, not 40m, my mistake on that. Thanks again for any help guys, it's been great

Return to posts index

James Barry
on Jun 13, 2018 at 1:49:09 pm

Investing in a copy of PluralEyes 4 would be handy if you generally work on projects of this length with audio files of that size. I find it reads and sync's faster than Premiere's built-in sync.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jun 13, 2018 at 8:02:40 pm

I've never tried PluralEyes or new Adobe sync feature. Depends on workflow - if I'm doing a 2 or 3 camera event like a wedding ceremony or play or recital, I only have say 2 long tracks to sync together - quickly do it ONCE for the project, and DONE.

I think where PluralEyes is really meant to be useful is for those who say shoot with a DSLR and record all audio to a secondary audio recorder for better quality, so they could have many dozens of video clips with audio, that need to be synced with all the secondary audio clips. That would be a nightmare to do manually!

Right tools for the right job

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

James Barry
on Jun 14, 2018 at 11:50:24 am

"I think where PluralEyes is really meant to be useful is for those who say shoot with a DSLR and record all audio to a secondary audio recorder for better quality, so they could have many dozens of video clips with audio, that need to be synced with all the secondary audio clips. That would be a nightmare to do manually!"

This is not true at all. I work at a major media company and we use Pluraleyes to sync footage on all of our multi-camera shoots. Shoots being shot on Canon C100 and C300 cameras set up with shotguns and wireless lavaliers recording directly into camera via XLR. Because of the amount we shoot, and the the amount of content we put out, hand sync'ing would be a nightmare.

As you said, right too for the right job.

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Jun 14, 2018 at 1:55:09 pm

There is an option in the create multicam dialogue box, near the check box for "syncing by audio", that allows you to specify which audio tracks to use for syncing. If you specify just Ch.1 it shouldn't matter how many audio tracks are in the clip, Ppro will only look at the single track for syncing.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]