FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting AAF in Premiere Pro TIPS

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Cauty
Exporting AAF in Premiere Pro TIPS
on Jun 10, 2018 at 9:43:47 am

Hi all

Thought I'd share a good tip for exporting an AAF from Premiere Pro after spending 48 hours banging my head trying to get it to work. And, seems like many others are having similar issues.

After narrowing down what Premiere didn't like about exporting, it was apparent that it didn't like ANY of the footage.

So...save your project as a copy, and either go FILE and make all your media offline, or closedown Premiere and disconnect the drives you're working from. Then export an AAF.

I did this and it was instant, once opening up the AAF and connecting the drives back up it was seamless. May not work for everyone but thought it might help some cases..

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Exporting AAF in Premiere Pro TIPS
on Jun 10, 2018 at 3:05:36 pm

If you are exporting an AAF for an audio mix, its usually best to duplicate the sequence, then delete all the video from the duplicate...so you have an audio only sequence. Then do the export.

I’ve found that 99.9 percent of all problems disappear when you get rid of the video tracks.

If you are exporting an AAF where video is needed, obviously this is not a solution.

Return to posts index

Jake Cauty
Re: Exporting AAF in Premiere Pro TIPS
on Jun 10, 2018 at 3:49:47 pm

Thanks for the input, sadly, I tried this. Also tried each time after deleting only the audio, deleting all audio transitions, deleting video transitions and effects, copying and pasting to numerous timelines with different settings, importing to new projects...Nothing worked!

Tried sending it through encoder, set up a shortcut to export a bin to AAF - which resulted in a crash every time. Did a full render - audio and video. Nope. Making all the media offline for the sake of an AAF export, was the only thing that worked!

The video files were MXF, and Premiere was happy to export any other MXF clip as an AAF, except the ones I needed...the ones in the edit.

What a head explosion!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]