FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with 60fps proxy files and 24fps slow motion

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Nash
Problem with 60fps proxy files and 24fps slow motion
on Jun 6, 2018 at 7:16:30 pm

I have some 4K 60fps footage that I'm trying to slow down and put on a 24fps timeline, and also use proxy files. Usually with 60fps, I'll use interpret footage, set assume frame rate to 23.976 and drop it on the timeline, leaving me with nicely slowed down footage. When I do this with proxies enabled, every time I drop the clip onto a 24fps timeline, the clip plays in real-time, not slow motion, and gets a little less than half way through the clip then just freezes on the last frame, but it keeps playing on the timeline. The audio waveform also drop out on the same frame it freezes on. I've tried creating proxies before changing the frame rate and also tried creating them after changing it, but have the same problem. Is this just a limitation of using proxies, where you can't adjust the frame rate of the source file?

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Problem with 60fps proxy files and 24fps slow motion
on Jun 7, 2018 at 1:07:04 am

What codec are the proxies?
Are the proxies also 60fps?

Return to posts index

Ryan Nash
on Jun 8, 2018 at 12:01:52 am

I've tried with both Cineform and H.264 as the codecs and no luck. Yep proxies are also 60fps.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jun 8, 2018 at 4:19:27 am

Well here is your answer....from the Premiere Pro Manual

• Modify > Audio Channels and Interpret Footage are also not supported for Proxy Workflows.

Return to posts index

Ryan Nash
on Jun 8, 2018 at 8:23:09 pm

Ah well that answers that, thank you.

Return to posts index

Ryan Nash
on Jun 9, 2018 at 6:30:16 pm

Incase anyone else runs into this problem, I found a workaround form the Adobe forum. Just tested it and works perfectly!

Original post - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2406907

1. In the project panel, select the clip/s that have been interpreted & need proxies to match.
2, Right-click, "Proxies/create proxies" which will cause AME to launch.
3. IMMEDIATELY switch to AME and stop the processing of that first proxy file.
4. Right-click the file, select "Reset".
5. Select that and any other files you may have sent along, right-click, "Modify/Interpret" and set to the same time-base as the original media's interpreted setting used on your timeline.
6. Start the processing.
7. When complete, all but that first file you stopped & reset will show as "attached", you'll need to attach that first file.
8. Select that file that isn't attached, right-click, and 'attach proxies'.
9. In the dialog box that pops up, navigate to the location for your proxies, select the proper file, and click "attach".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]