FORUMS: list search recent posts

MTS Audio / Video Glitches in Premiere Pro CC

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Jones
MTS Audio / Video Glitches in Premiere Pro CC
on Jun 6, 2018 at 1:07:48 am

Hello,

Hoping someone can help me with an issue. I record AVCHD 1080p 30p footage on to SD cards using a couple of Panasonic AVCCAMs. Two AG-HMC150P's and a newer model of the same line (camera is out currently and I don't remember the model number offhand). For years I have been using various version of Premiere Pro to edit together a three camera shoot I do once per year. I have used CS4 in the past, but last year I was having trouble with the video playback after updating my editing system to Windows 10. So after updating my video drivers and installing Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017, editing was no problem.

Cut to this year. I downloaded the latest version of Premiere Pro CC and imported my footage using the media browser. Going through the footage I noticed that I had an audio/video glitch every 20-30 seconds (most notably on the footage from the newer Panasonic camera). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Premiere to no avail. I tried using the 2017 version which is still on my system, and still have issues. I think this is a codec problem as I play the files on my system through Windows Explorer and I have the same glitches. However, I can play the same spot back in Premiere several times and the glitch in the audio either moves to a different spot or disappears all together. I also have tried playing the files through Windows on some other systems and do not seem to be having the issue.

Is there a way to check the codec on my system and replace it? Am I on the right track or is this not related at all? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am already behind schedule to get this project complete.

System Specs:
I7 980X 3.33ghz 6core 12gbDDR3 RAM, 1gb AMD Radeon HD5700 Series

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]