FORUMS: list search recent posts

Change colour for each audiotracks: possible?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dante Majorana
Change colour for each audiotracks: possible?
on Jun 5, 2018 at 5:36:53 pm

Hello: I'm using Premiere Pro CC2017 latest Version on a Imac Retina 27 with max ram and Sierra
In my film I have 4 different audio tracks and each has a purpose
Audio 1 is the Voice over track
Audio 2 is the Italian dialogue track
Audio 3 is the French dialogue track
Audio 4 is the Music Track

Is there a way to label each of those tracks with different colours. We need this difference for a variety of reasons (subtitles and more)
In the preferences and labels combo this seems impossible: if I change the audio every audio track changes and so on

Googling didn't help as it refers to the preferences only hence same colour for all Audio tracks.
Any hints?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jamie Pickell
Re: Change colour for each audiotracks: possible?
on Jun 5, 2018 at 7:47:22 pm

Are these separate audio files or are they distinct audio channels of a singular clip? If they're separate audio files, you should be able to color code them as you wish. The production co. I'm currently working at is running Premiere 12.0.1 which introduced additional color/labels with a grand total of 16 color coding options. I also color code my files so I can quickly look at my timeline and tell what is high rez and what is low rez and also distinguish between the different audio and video types (music, narration, graphics etc.) I've attached a screenshot below showing how I've setup my labeling system. I then color code my clips in the project window (you can also do this on the timeline).

If your clip has your audio as distinct channels (i.e. VO on channel 1, Italian on channel 2, etc.), then you'll need to first right-click on the clip and select Modify>Audio Channels. In that dialogue box, set clip channel format to Mono and then set the number of channels that the clip has. This will give you a clip that will occupy that number of audio tracks on the timeline when you insert it. Once on the timeline, you can change the colors of the individual audio tracks (just make sure linking is off on your timeline).

Hope that helps,
Jamie

Return to posts index

Dante Majorana
on Jun 7, 2018 at 7:37:34 am

Thanks I wasn't very happy with Premiere 2018 so I downgraded to 2017 and there is not possible .... I will try the latest version now and see how it goes
Thanks

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on Jun 5, 2018 at 10:45:32 pm

You can only color clips not tracks.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Jamie Pickell
on Jun 6, 2018 at 2:55:52 pm

My bad, I misread the original question. Correct, you can not color code tracks. However, you can rename them. If you expand the track and then right-click on the track name (A1 for example) you can select Rename and give it an appropriate name.

Jamie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]