FORUMS: list search recent posts

Setting up Permanent Scratch Disk (Renders)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryce Hoover
Setting up Permanent Scratch Disk (Renders)
on Jun 5, 2018 at 3:08:55 pm

is there any way to force Premiere Pro (2018) to ALWAYS use a specific drive for renders (i.e. like FCP 7)?
I need to render locally for best realtime playback.
I work in a shared environment where projects are sent down to me from 8 different "preditors".
I'm the last in the chain before delivery so having local renders doesn't affect anyone above me.
These are promos so re-rendering isn't an issue if someone else needs to review in real-time.
For archiving purposes, we don't need to archive the PP renders/previews, so I want to force PP to send them to a specific local render drive so they can be periodically deleted.

I know I can change scratch disks in Project Settings and I do for every project, sometimes thats 5-6 a day.

For us, and our workflow, nothing about storing renders in the project folder by default is a benefit.

I'm gonna post this over in the Adobe website forum, just wanted to see if anyone here has a solution.

thanks!

Return to posts index

John Heiser
Re: Setting up Permanent Scratch Disk (Renders)
on Jun 6, 2018 at 5:11:17 pm

Scratch disk is set in the project preferences, so it floats with the project. The way I make this happen is to use a template project for everything. It lives in a template folder structure which I duplicate and rename before starting a project, and the template project within has the scratch disk set to a separate SSD I use for for previews and media cache.
screenshot2018-06-06at12.05.53pm.png
screenshot2018-06-06at12.07.34pm.png

John Heiser
Senior Editor
o2 ideas
Birmingham

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]