FORUMS: list search recent posts

update Dynamic link to a "Converted" AE project

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Burrell
update Dynamic link to a "Converted" AE project
on Jun 4, 2018 at 3:33:59 pm

I have an old project that has dozens of lower third and side third graphics that were built in after effects. The client has a new logo and color scheme and wanted all of the graphics updated. This was made an older version of AE and Premiere - only a couple of years old, but still not the current version. When I opened the project to update the graphics, I had to create a converted copy of the project. Now, the premiere project isn't seeing the converted project, it's linked to the original project. This looks like it means that I will have to manually replace all of the graphics. Not a massive task, but definitely inconvenient. All of the updated graphics have the same names and are in the same folders as the old AE project, it's just a (converted) AE project. Is there a way to update the links in AE so that it looks for the same files, just from the converted project instead of the original project?

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: update Dynamic link to a "Converted" AE project
on Jun 4, 2018 at 7:16:13 pm

Did you try renaming the converted project to the original name? (You can move the original for safekeeping to an "outdated" folder). It likely also requires that both projects (AE and Premiere) are of the same CC version.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]