FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing an XML from Davinci into Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian DiLorenzo
Importing an XML from Davinci into Premiere
on Jun 1, 2018 at 5:50:32 pm

Hey Everyone,

So I have just completed color on my first feature film. It is a pretty massive project (over 90 minutes run time, thousands of assets).

I just received my renders back from my colorist, who exported them from Davinci Resolve.

Now my goal is to offline my timeline and relink them to my new colored renders.

This has created a mountain of obstacles for me but the worst of which is when I try and import the XML my colorist gave me into Premiere and link to his renders, Premiere tells me:

"The selected file cannot be linked because its type (video) does not match the original's file type (audio)"

I dont, in this case, care at ALL about audio. All I want is for my timeline edits to connect to the colored renders, but Premiere keeps throwing up errors about the audio not matching.

Any advice?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Importing an XML from Davinci into Premiere
on Jun 1, 2018 at 7:11:15 pm

Import the XML as a new sequence...import it and create the new sequence linked to the color renders. NOW...go to the old sequence and COPY just the audio...go to the new sequence, and paste that audio here. So now you'll have the colored sequence and your temp audio.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Brian DiLorenzo
on Jun 1, 2018 at 8:56:00 pm

Thanks Shane, that is helpful.

Since I'm getting the error upon loading up the XML and seeing the splash screen for Offline Media, would the best move be to... Offline it all, let the XML sequence load into Premiere, then just remove all that audio off the timeline, and try the reconnect again?

Is Premiere not happy because there's a mismatch in the two audio sets (one from Davinci and one from my Premiere Project) or if by removing the audio entirely, it shouldn't care at all?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 1, 2018 at 9:41:32 pm

[Brian DiLorenzo] " Offline it all, let the XML sequence load into Premiere, then just remove all that audio off the timeline, and try the reconnect again?"

Don't "Offline" anything first. Bring in the XML...if it's offline, then strip the audio from it...then go to reconnect the video. Once that's up, then go to the older sequence, copy and paste the audio tracks from that. Your colorist didn't do anything to the audio...so ignore what they send back in that regard.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Brian DiLorenzo
on Jun 1, 2018 at 9:44:45 pm

Okay thanks I'll give it a shot!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]