FORUMS: list search recent posts

Removing Empty Audio Tracks?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Nibor
Removing Empty Audio Tracks?
on Jun 1, 2018 at 5:05:46 pm

Problem:
you got source material on your timeline with several empty audio tracks that just get in the way. You don't want to waste hours with unlinking, deleting, reattaching hundreds of clips manually.

Fast solution:
> just import a sufficiently long audiotrack... any quality or format will do. (a long mp3 is ok) > place it in the timeline > move it over the tracks that you want to clean so that it "covers" all the unwanted audio - once you move it again, the audio "beneath" it is gone > repeat for the audio on each unwanted track unitl everything is tidy and clean. That's it. You can erase the unwanted tracks from hundreds audio clips in seconds. Once you're done, you can delete the long audio track that you used as an eraser.

This question has been asked and answered on the Adobe Forums, ( https://forums.adobe.com/message/8936038#8936038 ) but the answer did not work for me... at least it did not do what I expected. somehow just seemed to "mute" the unwanted audio but the clips till keeps the same amount of audio tracks.

I just posted this quick workaround here, in case someone might need it.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Removing Empty Audio Tracks?
on Jun 1, 2018 at 6:10:14 pm

Neat trick.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Removing Empty Audio Tracks?
on Jun 2, 2018 at 10:04:39 am

I don't understand the "unlink" and "reattach" procedure honestly. I see editors doing that and it's such a slow procedure.

Just hold down the Option key. Lasso all the unwanted audio. Delete. Done.

Of course the best way to ensure you don't get all the unwanted audio is to set your timeline so only the audio tracks you want are active before bringing your clips in.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Director, Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
GP Studios

Biscardi Creative Media

Craft and Career Advice & Training from real Working Creative Professionals

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]