FORUMS: list search recent posts

Broadcast delivery kicked back due to chroma and compression rate.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Covalt
Broadcast delivery kicked back due to chroma and compression rate.
on May 31, 2018 at 7:32:07 pm

We've sent out a video for broadcast and it was kicked back to us for 2 reasons:
1. The spec sheet requests 4:2:2 chroma subsampling, what we provided was 4:2:0.
2. File provided was compressed at 4,657 kb/s and they need the file above 145 mb/s.

I'm stumped because we delivered ProRes(HQ) which should be 4:2:2, and also above the compression rate they listed.

To give a bit more context in our workflow -
shot on RED, edited (I'm not sure how that editor transcoded), colored, and sent back to us as ProRes4444.
We then put a Video Limiter adjustment to the final colored video and exported as ProRes(HQ).

Is there a way to view what the chroma subsampling is? I'd like to confirm that our export is indeed only 4:2:0, but don't know how to see that information. I also don't know how to view the compression rate (how are they seeing 4,657 kb/s?).

Is there a chance that the RED footage was transcoded down to a format that was only 4:2:0 at some point, and that's why our ProRes(HQ) export is showing only 4:2:0?

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: Broadcast delivery kicked back due to chroma and compression rate.
on May 31, 2018 at 9:04:09 pm

Was the video exported to ProRes on a Mac, or on a PC using a third-party encoder or plugin? You can try software called MediaInfo to view detailed codec information. I haven't used it, but I've known editors who have... Hopefully that will give you some answers.

Return to posts index

Brian Covalt
Re: Broadcast delivery kicked back due to chroma and compression rate.
on May 31, 2018 at 11:23:44 pm

That app is helpful, thanks for suggesting it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]