FORUMS: list search recent posts

MXF Files not playing properly in Premiere Pro - sudden danger lines - footage much shorter than it was before.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kirsten Noel
MXF Files not playing properly in Premiere Pro - sudden danger lines - footage much shorter than it was before.
on May 31, 2018 at 3:38:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am in desperate need of some help.

* I shot 5 interviews this week with A and B Camera (both FS7, both recording to XQD cards)
* I copied the Root folders to 2 external hard drives (Lacie USB3)
* I copied them separately i.e. I did not duplicate the drives.
* Opened the files perfectly fine in Premiere Pro
* Started editing and exported audio for transcription (after cutting out the questions )

All of a sudden, I get danger lines all over my timeline and most of the sequence is black with no audio.

Tried to import the files again and they are now much shorter than they were. For example, one interview was 17 minutes. I got to "Get Info" on my mac - it shows as 17 minutes. We tried on our engineers' PCs - also shows as 17 minutes, but when imported into Premiere, Media Encoder or AE - it shows as 1 minute 6.

This has happened to the footage from both external hard drives (despite them not being duplicated) - unfortunately it's the first 2 interviews and we formatted the cards.

I have also tried Sony's recovery software on the cards but nothing has been recovered.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: MXF Files not playing properly in Premiere Pro - sudden danger lines - footage much shorter than it was before.
on Jun 2, 2018 at 4:14:33 am

Delete your Media Cache and let it rebuild. Maybe something is wonky there but your video files are actually fine.

Return to posts index

mark thompson
Re: MXF Files not playing properly in Premiere Pro - sudden danger lines - footage much shorter than it was before.
on Jun 3, 2018 at 4:29:51 pm

Hi,
just a couple of questions for clarification.

Are the pair of drives just being used to hold the files? i.e. are you editing on another drive?
Have you tested them with Catalyst Browse or Da Vinci? I would do that just to verify that your original data is safe.

I'm thinking here about testing outside of PPro and any project that be corrupted. I note you have tried this but I was just interested in a bit more detail.

Which version of Premiere (or CC) do you have?

hopefully the suggested cache clean will help.

Failing that build the project from the source.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]