FORUMS: list search recent posts

PP Exporting crashes. Tried seemingly everything. Deadline looming. (9 Error code: -1609629695)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan D. Newman
PP Exporting crashes. Tried seemingly everything. Deadline looming. (9 Error code: -1609629695)
on May 28, 2018 at 6:04:32 pm

Hi everyone,

Feeling dead in the water on a big project. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just wrapped editing/finishing an hour-long doc for the last 4 months... and set to finally deliver for Tuesday.
Been trying to export the final cut for the last 2 days, but no matter what I try, I'm experiencing crashing.
Below are the errors, what I've tried so far, and comp specs. The project is certainly effects heavy, but I've exported many versions previously, so not sure what has gone awry. I'm a recent Windows convert from Mac and this is a new mobile edit machine.
Note, I've also been experiencing some funky playback issues here and there. Program window going black/gray.

Errors:
The project will crash at various points during the export, with or without CUDA, in media encoder & premiere. It's not consistent the timecode of crash.
I cannot render out my timeline in sequence either without getting errors.

REPORT:
Export Error - Error compiling movie. Render Error Render returned error.
9Error code: -1609629695

Attempted fixes:

(ORIGINAL PROJ was 12.01 )
Upgrade premiere to 12.1 (cc2018)
Downgrade Premiere -- and project -- to 12.0
Trash all pref
Clean media cache
Delete Renders
Copy and paste to new sequence
Import into a New Project the main sequence
CUDA and Software only exporting
Various codecs (h264, quicktime, dnx, etc)
Upgrade Nvidia GFX Drivers
Upgrade Intel Drivers
Upgrade Windows 10
Enable Disable Discrete/Hybrid
Try Overclocking RAM and GFX Card
Disable all Lumetri Grades
Render in-timeline and disable problematic effects plugs as Render crashes
Restart computer
Pray / offer a sacrifice

Full computer & Project specs:

Mixed file formats such as .mxf, various picture types, nested multi-cams, and a few Adobe dynamic linked comps. Many Effects used. (3rd party: Red giant universe)
Project File, Cache, and Majority of Assets are on internal drive. The rest are on an external Lacie using USB 3.0, made compatible for windows with MacDrive10.

Build by Eluktronics
GFX : Intel HD GFX 630, GeForce 1060
Processor: Intel Core i7-7700HQ cpu @ 280 GHZ
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
OS Version: 10.0.14393 N/A Build 14393
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: Windows User
Registered Organization:
Original Install Date: 3/30/2018, 6:56:26 PM
System Manufacturer: Notebook
System Model: P65xHP
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~2600 Mhz
BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. 1.05.06, 6/28/2017
Windows Directory: C:\WINDOWS
System Directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume3
Total Physical Memory: 32,647 MB
Available Physical Memory: 15,670 MB
Virtual Memory: Max Size: 54,151 MB
Virtual Memory: Available: 27,235 MB
Virtual Memory: In Use: 26,916 MB
Page File Location(s): C:\pagefile.sys
Domain: WORKGROUP
Logon Server: \\DESKTOP-JA3LEE8
Hotfix(s): 11 Hotfix(s) Installed.
[01]: KB4033393
[02]: KB4033631
[03]: KB4049065
[04]: KB4049411
[05]: KB4054507
[06]: KB4054855
[07]: KB4089510
[08]: KB4091461
[09]: KB4093110
[10]: KB4093137
[11]: KB4093119
Network Card(s): 3 NIC(s) Installed.
[01]: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Connection Name: Ethernet
[02]: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265
Connection Name: Wi-Fi
DHCP Enabled: Yes
DHCP Server: 192.168.1.1
IP address(es)
[01]: 192.168.1.100
[02]: fe80::3d3d:ddc4:1352:774e
[03]: Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Connection Name: Bluetooth Network Connection
Hyper-V Requirements: VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes
Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: Yes
Second Level Address Translation: Yes
Data Execution Prevention Available: Yes

Thank you!

Evan D. Newman
Editor

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
Re: PP Exporting crashes. Tried seemingly everything. Deadline looming. (9 Error code: -1609629695)
on May 28, 2018 at 7:37:47 pm

I recently had to export a 40 minute short in 4 parts because of crashing. Didn't matter what format I was going out to (ProRes, DNxHD, h.264). I put each segment (hard cuts at the ends) in its own custom sequence (Cineform) for the output format. Then I brought them back in and put them back together in another custom sequence for output. Obviously this was all on a mac, but that may help point to this not being a PC thing.

Try a short Cineform output. I run both mac and windows and it's fast becoming my go to mastering codec.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: PP Exporting crashes. Tried seemingly everything. Deadline looming. (9 Error code: -1609629695)
on May 29, 2018 at 12:55:20 am

whenever you can't find the problem, you can find out which frame it dies on by rendering a high quality image sequence. usually its around an effect that it doesn't like. this way you don't waste time starting from scratch. actually, I can't imagine anyone rendering a big project not using an image sequence. you're just asking for pain.

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
on May 29, 2018 at 4:08:21 am

Evan, Paul may be right, but here are some ideas from working with Pr on Windows in the past (I currently am back on the Mac).

I experienced problems with dynamic linked comps. Not sure if you can try it without them.
Also, while unlikely with your setup, have you tried running perfmon (performance monitor) and seeing if you might be running low on RAM? While 32GBs might seem like tons, and maybe it is, but I found that random crashes seemed to occur much more frequently when low memory conditions were happening. With all the linked comps and EFX it could be that a low RAM condition is occuring.
Also I found in the past that 3rd party efx also caused crashes. But it seems like you have tried disabling them.
Another issue that could be checked is to move the project assets *off* the internal drive. the contention for OS management and app management could be creating problems. I have all my assets *always* off the internal drive. The only thing on the internal drive is the Adobe apps and efx apps themselves. The project lives on a fast external drive. You say you are running a USB 3.0 drive, but how fast is the drive itself? Can you get access to a fast NTFS drive to see if the MacDrive 10 is an issue. (How full is the external drive?)
Also, Paul might be onto something. You say that you tried various codecs? Did you mean you tried exporting to various other codecs and it always crashes randomly?
But the project plays inside Adobe just fine? It's only when you go to export you have issues? That to me, seems like it could point to the linking. I don't think I'd be worrying about Window 10 and the various hardware compatablity issues. I've experienced that before and it wasn't the hardware and OS. That you say you have exported this project before with no problems, leads me to think it may be in the EFX or Linking. Did you add any sequences that were EFX or linking heavy near the end of the project that you could setup an export that ended before the end of the project and back up to the end or until it fails?

Good luck. Sorry for your aggravations.

Al

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
on May 29, 2018 at 4:11:12 am

And to be clear, I believe that in frustration with crashes due to linking, I rendered the linked project in the other app, then added it back into the master project to avoid the link.

Al

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 29, 2018 at 2:14:13 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on May 29, 2018 at 5:13:30 pm

Dynamic Link is NOT a robust feature. It tends to fail at the worst possible times, when the sequence is at its most complex..
Since you're under time pressure and can't possibly reorganize, the idea of exporting short segments as image sequences would probably be your best use of time.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]