FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ensuring I'm exporting from camera originals and not the proxies?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Ravich
Ensuring I'm exporting from camera originals and not the proxies?
on May 25, 2018 at 10:58:11 pm

Hey All-

A probably very dumb question but . . . . so my Premiere workflow is to ingest my UHD camera original files, and then generate and attach 720 prores 422 proxies, so I can handily toggle bet/ camera original and proxy while working in my sequences. I'm getting ready for a big color correct and need to export a big UHD ProRes4444 QT from my UHD final sequence. And have this sinking feeling that I'm not in fact exporting the camera original files but the proxies. Funny thing is, these proxies look damn good, at least in PP's source and program windows in my cheapie computer monitors.

How do I ensure that I'm in fact exporting from the UHD cam original clips? Or am I just paranoid to be thinking that I'm not in the first place? It's really my first time exporting at this spec so haven't given myself to notice the difference.

Running Premiere CC 2018/version level 12.1.0.

Thanks, Nick.

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: Ensuring I'm exporting from camera originals and not the proxies?
on May 26, 2018 at 2:59:18 pm

Premiere will automatically export using the original media files. It will never export with proxies unless you manually offline the originals.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on May 26, 2018 at 3:07:09 pm

I believe all exports are done using the original media, if you have followed the normal proxy workflow. If you use your own workflow (without Adobe naming conventions, using material encoded in other software) you might have issues with it not knowing which files are proxies. Make sure your export settings do not have “Use Previews” checked, since your render files for the sequence are in proxy resolution. You want all Effects and color grading to be re-rendered on export at full resolution. This, of course, will make the export take significantly longer.

Return to posts index

Nick Ravich
on May 26, 2018 at 7:10:51 pm

Thanks for the Memorial Day weekend responses fellas. What I thought was the case but wanted to make sure. Nick.

Return to posts index

Stuart Reid
on Jun 7, 2018 at 5:24:09 pm

How about setting up a template in AME that will add a watermark like the word "Proxy", or maybe BITC so that when you produce your proxies they'll be absolutely recognisable?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]