FORUMS: list search recent posts

Syncing the audio in Premiere Pro with the animations in After effects?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felipe Prado
Syncing the audio in Premiere Pro with the animations in After effects?
on May 25, 2018 at 12:58:48 pm

Hello everyone!

I am new here first just want to thank this amazing community for it's help, I am extremely grateful!

Now here it goes my question, well the title already says it but let me elaborate:

So let's say I have an audio that is 1 minute long in Premiere Pro, let's say that at the following timestamps 0:12 0:13, 0:21, 0:33, 0:45, and 0:52 it's required a specific animation.

What I am struggling with is knowning how to make that bridge betwen After Effects and Premiere Pro, I lose SO MUCH TIME going back to after effects and moving animations a few frames just to resync and so on and on.

Just so you understand, the video I am producing is a tutorial, so basically everything that is being said on the script must be shown on the screen, so basically every 2 seconds there is at least a new animation, it's highly animated.

Does my question make sense? If I wasn't clear please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Syncing the audio in Premiere Pro with the animations in After effects?
on May 25, 2018 at 5:16:35 pm

If you just need the audio to time out your AE animations, just export the audio as a wav file, import it into AE, animate, and render out the video only. You don't need the audio again -- it's already in PP!

If you DO need video and audio, you can use Dynamic Link to import the PP project into AE. Again, render out the video and import it into PP.

Because Dynamic Link doesn't always work as advertised, I NEVER attempt to do a round trip from PP to AE and back to PP. I only use it for a one-way trip from PP to AE.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Felipe Prado
on May 25, 2018 at 5:28:12 pm

Mr Dave LaRonde!

Thank you so much for your answer, but then how would you go exporting the audio from premiere?

Export Settings > Waveform Audio?

Then how do I export back from After Effects to Premiere Pro making sure that the animations are going to fit, are right on the same frames/seconds?

Can you specify please?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 25, 2018 at 6:05:17 pm

[Felipe Prado] "Export Settings > Waveform Audio?"

Yes.

[Felipe Prado] "Then how do I export back from After Effects to Premiere Pro making sure that the animations are going to fit, are right on the same frames/seconds?"

That's why you have the audio -- you use it as a reference to time your animations. I do it often. As long as the frame rates match between your PP project and the AE comp you will be fine. If you are concerned, you can build in trim handles in the AE comp.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]