FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio issues importing AVCHD into PP

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Gall
Audio issues importing AVCHD into PP
on May 23, 2018 at 4:19:37 am

Hi,

I'm having some issues importing audio with my AVCHD files into CS6. I was using a Canon C100 Mark II. The files are seen in the finder as MPEG-2s, with a file extension of .MTS. They are 1920 x 1080, 30 or 60i (dropframe).

I am editing with Mac 10.12.5. I prefer to keep CS6 rather than subscribe to CC.

I read on previous threads that there is an issue between Cs6 and Mac Sierra, I've tried restarting PP, importing through the media browser, changing the file extensions and also changing / moving scratch disk files in the Library to no avail. What does work is converting the AVCHD files to .mov files (H.264 with .mp4), but I would like some advice as to the best software /program to do this with. My computer does not recognize individual clips from the shoot, so it would need to be a drag and drop procedure rather than one where the software opens a dialog box. Or maybe someone here can help me find a better way for:

1. the best conversion software
2. the best file format for conversion to be read in PP without losing quality or information on the files.

Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Audio issues importing AVCHD into PP
on May 24, 2018 at 2:33:44 pm

Hi Jesse,

I read your post 3 times to find the audio issue referenced in the title, but no luck...so do you not have ANY audio in ANY clip, or some clips, or what is the actual audio issue?

Not a Mac user, so potential Sierra issues aside, do make sure you follow this procedure always for importing media from SD cards:

1) Copy ENTIRE contents of SD card to NEW FOLDER on hard drive. Include all folders from SD card, not just video

2) In Premiere, import files using MEDIA BROWSER rather than File > Import method.

3) If files had previously been imported differently, try a NEW PROJECT so previous import does not affect things

If that doesn't work, then I don't know

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Jesse Gall
Re: Audio issues importing AVCHD into PP
on May 25, 2018 at 4:56:57 pm

Thanks Jeff!

Yes the issue is that the sound does not show up when I import the files, there is no sound and it does not show up in the timeline. I can hear the audio in VLC and Quicktime. The files are on a hard drive, and I tried all of your suggestions with no luck. Will try again.

One thing I was told is that the sound was recorded in a Dolby codec. Would that pose an issue for Cs6? I am trying now to export the files in a new codec from Media Encoder. If you have suggestions as to a good codec please let me know!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]