FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lumetri Color does not match between After Effects and Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacob Roth
Lumetri Color does not match between After Effects and Premiere
on May 22, 2018 at 7:29:37 pm

Hi All,

I recently had a project where I had a nested sequence with two clips in it, both the same clip, but one had primary color correction using Lumetri Color on the Master Effects (V1 on the timeline), and one had secondary color correction using Lumetri on the clip itself (V2). I used this clip to do a dynamic linkto AE, and that went fine, but A) none of my corrections on the master settings made the trip, so that's annoying, and you can't copy/paste Lumetri color effects between Premiere and After Effects, which is infuriating.

Furthermore, my secondary correction was not giving me the same result between AE and Premiere, despite identical settings, so when the playhead goes over the dynamic link, the color would change drastically, even thought the settings the effect were identical in both programs. I fixed it by exporting my graded footage from Premiere and using that file in AE, but I shouldn't have to do that.

I have two questions:

1) is there an easier way to copy/paste Lumetri between AE and Premiere beyond manually changing every setting and
2) has anyone else run into this problem where AE and Premiere do not agree on what the color correction actually is? How did you fix it?

Return to posts index

Joseph Freeman III
Re: Lumetri Color does not match between After Effects and Premiere
on May 22, 2018 at 8:30:59 pm

Hi Jacob,

In my experience with dynamic linked AE material, I do no color correction in AE, except when compositing to match elements. I leave all color correction/balancing to the Premiere Pro side of the link. Typically, this minimizes or eliminates any color tweaking with the previous clip and following clip and the AE linked clip.

Often, I copy the AE linked clip to a disabled track, for backup, and just render and replace the AE linked clip with a high quality MNX file and color correct that file. This eliminates playback & render slow downs for AE linked clips.

Maybe this approach may offer similar results for your project.

Joseph

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Lumetri Color does not match between After Effects and Premiere
on May 23, 2018 at 1:37:37 am

Just a shot in the dark, but have you looked at the color management settings in After Effects?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]