FORUMS: list search recent posts

Glitchy/Stuttering after rendering

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andre Cruz
Glitchy/Stuttering after rendering
on May 22, 2018 at 11:12:09 am

Hi folks,

I am a video editor for a youtube channel and i've been having issues with pixelated or flickering image since about 2 weeks. Before everything was fine, suddenly i started getting this issue which you can see in the following example(s):

at 5:57:

at 4:56:

at 3:30:

As mentioned, before the "No Monkey Business" video everything was fine and i never encountered this issue.

Source hasn't changed, neither have the sequence settings in Premiere Pro nor the export settings in Media Encoder.
The Bitrate is high enough for YouTube being 20/40mbps. Also the source footage doesn't have this issue obviously, it's appears after rendering...
This happens in both Premiere Pro Exports and Media Encoder, i tried rendering with both.

So, i would love to get some help on this asap...
Thanks in advance, much love for everyone reading this paragraph! :)

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Glitchy/Stuttering after rendering
on May 22, 2018 at 11:41:31 am

What format is the source footage? Is it variable or constant frame rate? Where did it it come from and with what settings? What are your sequence settings and what are your export settings?

Return to posts index

Andre Cruz
on May 29, 2018 at 10:53:03 pm

Source Footage is VFR, as i said, no settings changed since when everything was fine. It seems that using Software Only encoding in Media Encoder fixed the issue, so it's apparently my GPU having issues rendering...

Return to posts index

greg janza
on May 30, 2018 at 4:28:12 am

There's so much going on in the frame in each video that it's nearly impossible to spot the issue.

Windows 10 Pro | i7-5820k CPU | 64 gigs RAM | NvidiaGeForceGTX970 | Blackmagic Decklink 4k Mini Monitor |
Adobe CC 2018 |Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0 | Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 | Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with FreeFileSync

Return to posts index

Andre Cruz
on May 30, 2018 at 4:44:06 am

So, after several tries.. "Software only" does NOT fix the issue...

Also "There's so much going on in the frame in each video that it's nearly impossible to spot the issue."...
Are you saying your eyes can't spot the difference between normal frames and corrupt ones? Set the playback speed to 0.5 and you'll see.

I am re-installing premiere pro and media encoder now... This ist getting hairy slowly...

Return to posts index

Andre Cruz
on May 30, 2018 at 5:36:13 am

Since i can't edit apparently...

Here's a frame in a new video. It's a comparison between source and rendered video.

Source: https://imgur.com/a/by6wb8i
Rendered output: https://imgur.com/a/BQ2juwL

You can see the blocky artifacts... And you can see it doesn't affect everything on the screen whenever it occurs. Sometimes it happens on the facecam too, sometimes it doesn't (like in this example).

Output and sequence settings: https://imgur.com/a/tCMMOqk
Source properties: https://imgur.com/a/C0kWA77

I am aware that i am resizing 900p into 1080p and also i know the source is VFR. As i mentioned before tho: i have never had any issues before and i did not change any settings. The source is still being captured the same way and so on.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on May 30, 2018 at 2:42:31 pm

Thanks for the stills.

Premiere doesn't support VFR. Also, you're adding potential problems by not capturing in 1920x1080.

Change your capture software and capture in HD with CFR.

Windows 10 Pro | i7-5820k CPU | 64 gigs RAM | NvidiaGeForceGTX970 | Blackmagic Decklink 4k Mini Monitor |
Adobe CC 2018 |Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0 | Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 | Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with FreeFileSync

Return to posts index

Roger Averdahl
on May 30, 2018 at 5:29:17 pm

Premiere Pro now supports VFR so that may not be the cause to this issue.

But, the H.264 codec shipped with Premiere Pro have some issues so for testing purposes, render out to CineForm and import that footage and compare the output to the material on your timeline.

How to:
Go to File > Export Media and select QuickTime under Format and change the Preset to GoPro CineForm YUV 10-bit.

Report back with your findings.

Return to posts index

Andre Cruz
on May 30, 2018 at 10:36:15 pm

Well, someone's not reading properly... I said i am an Editor for the channel, so i have no control over the source material and it being 900p. But as i also mentioned, i never had these issues in any videos before with the same source, so it shouldn't be the resizing nor the VFR.

Still, i will try exporting in CineForm and will report back. Thanks for the help so far!

Return to posts index

greg janza
on May 31, 2018 at 5:58:38 am

[Andre Cruz] "Well, someone's not reading properly... I said i am an Editor for the channel, so i have no control over the source material and it being 900p."

As the editor, you need to communicate your needs to the content creators so that the edit can have a smooth workflow.

Return to posts index

Andre Cruz
on May 31, 2018 at 10:46:34 pm

"As the editor, you need to communicate your needs to the content creators so that the edit can have a smooth workflow."

First of all, it's stream footage and he's just not able to stream at 1080p.
Second of all, i already said i've beeen working with this source material for month straigth, so stop going the "it's your source material, just change it" way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]