FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro CC 2018 Crashes right before launching

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
late palviainen
Premiere Pro CC 2018 Crashes right before launching
on May 21, 2018 at 4:57:53 pm

Hi, So like two days ago premiere pro just suddenly stopped launching, I like went full panic and didn't found any solution to this. So after two days of troubleshooting, reinstalling, reverting PR to older CC versions and nothing seemed to work. Also tried to revert older GPU drivers and that did not work. I even reinstalled all the latest MS vc_redistros.. That didnt do anything. Crossed some possible YT fix by manually downloading some .dlls that seemed to be missing that did not solve the problem. Then I found some old forum about the same issue but different program. Simply the solution was to just rename Premiere Pro.exe to something else (like Premiere Pro CC.exe) that fixed everything for me, at least it launches now. Just wanted to post it here if this would help anyone.. 😉

Windows 10
Please ask If I forgot something.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Max Frank
Re: Premiere Pro CC 2018 Crashes right before launching
on May 22, 2018 at 12:54:23 pm

Hi,

If you have any Boris FX plugins, trash them. [This worked for me in the same situation].

And if you have any massive images, photos or psd's then move them out of their folders to a new location, that could also help.

Return to posts index

Max Frank
on May 23, 2018 at 7:48:24 am

Let us know if this works for you.

Return to posts index

late palviainen
on May 23, 2018 at 2:20:30 pm

Hi!

I don't have Boris FX plugins, about the massive photos, i had already moved them to different drive all together, I forgot to mention that. I also manually deleted all the cache files of all adobe programs this seemed to be the best solution so far, some files might have been corrupted at some point I'm not sure.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]