FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro / AE New User Questions

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Stuart
Premiere Pro / AE New User Questions
on May 19, 2018 at 7:17:35 pm

Hi everyone,

First time poster here. I have been teaching myself video editing since January, starting out with Vegas Pro, but have migrated over to Premiere Pro (on an Adobe subscription). It's a fairly steep learning curve, but I'm slowly making my way through, mostly trial & error, google searches and also starting a Lynda Tutorial.

I'm a bit stuck on using an AE titles pack that I purchased, so am going to throw the questions I have to the greater community, to seek some insights from the experts.

1: Importing the Pack into AE

Let's say there are 20 lower third designs in the pack. They are all bundled together in the download - which means I have to drag the whole pack into my AE project. How can I 'break out' of the bundle, and import only the template I require ? Seems that the way I am doing it is creating a larger than necessary project file size.

2: Editing Text directly in Premiere Pro CC

If for example I want to use the same AE Template multiple times in PP, changing only the text element, can I do this right inside the movie project I'm working on ? Right now I need to save one AE project, link to it in PP, then save another project, link to PP etc

3. Font Syncing

Every time I open a project in either AE or PP, I am asked to sync fonts, and there are also unresolvable fonts. I'm guessing these are embedded in the titles pack I have (there is no separate font files). Is there some master repository for fonts used in the Adobe environment, or do I need to simply search for them via google, and hope the naming conventions are universal ? (I will admit, I haven't researched this too much yet, so apologies for being a bit lazy and asking the question here)

Any other optimization and workflow 'best practice' tips for a newbie when using PP & AE are also welcome. My PC struggles quite a bit, and I'm in the process of optimizing what I can, but as they say 'you don;t know what you don't know'

Cheers,

Jay

Return to posts index

Jason Stuart
Re: Premiere Pro / AE New User Questions
on May 25, 2018 at 6:57:54 pm

Too many questions ?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]