FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to create a menu for your home video digital movie (that doesn't go on DVD)?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Albuerto Enes
How to create a menu for your home video digital movie (that doesn't go on DVD)?
on May 19, 2018 at 4:44:37 pm

Hi guys,
If I rent or buy a movie from iTunes I get a beautiful menu with a picture from the movie, with some movie options and so on... How can I create that for my home videos? I don't want the movie to just start, I want to get into the menu first where I can choose what to do. I don't make DVD's anymore (I did the menus with Encore). So it's just for digital use.
Can you guys help me out?
Thanks a lot!
Albuerto

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: How to create a menu for your home video digital movie (that doesn't go on DVD)?
on May 21, 2018 at 5:38:38 pm

If it is still standard def stuff, you could still use Encore. When you are finished authoring, burn an ISO file instead of DVD.

Then use VideoLan VLC Media Player as your playback app. It reads ISO files and will display and use your "DVD" navigation.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Albuerto Enes
Re: How to create a menu for your home video digital movie (that doesn't go on DVD)?
on May 21, 2018 at 7:00:57 pm

Hi,
Now it’s Hd content that i am using.
The goal is to create a file that i can put on my plex server to watch on my apple tv.
So the menu has to be somewhere in the file...
but i don’t know where to start.
Thanks for sharing your ideas.
Albuerto

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on May 21, 2018 at 7:13:11 pm

Hi Albuerto,

I doubt that the menu is actually "baked" into the video file in any way, more likely happening in the player software.

Check this out, might do what you want - http://takybox.com/

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]