FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi camera bug ridden mess

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Merklein
Multi camera bug ridden mess
on May 18, 2018 at 6:16:32 pm
Last Edited By Eric Merklein on May 18, 2018 at 6:21:44 pm

The Premiere Pro multi cam system is a second rate mess. !5 years ago Avid had a far better platform.

If you make a color correction to a long single channel video sequence, make that a part of your processed clips piece, the color correction is gone. On another project, my audio channel went dead for no reason at all, and I had to drag all of by audio edits to channel 3.

AND the ability to see out of sync items is GONE

Blowing away media cashe, re-set settings is no help at all.

This is a high school level editing system.

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
Re: Multi camera bug ridden mess
on May 22, 2018 at 10:56:02 am

[Eric Merklein] "The Premiere Pro multi cam system is a second rate mess."

I use Ppro multicam every day and have none of the problems you seem to be encountering. If you can be more specific about each issue I could possibly suggest a solution, otherwise it sounds like you have either a corrupted project or a bad install.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Eric Merklein
on May 22, 2018 at 5:12:47 pm

Hello Herb.

This is my first real multicam problem. It's a 4 camera project, so nothing too crazy.

I was working on my cut and all of a sudden, no audio output on Ch. 1 and 2. Dead.

If I move that entire 90 minute track to ch 3 and 4 - it comes back. Over the weekend, I had to move all the way to ch 9 and 10.

I then deleted all empty tracks and things reverted back to ch 1 and 2, at least for now.

Trashing settings, opening a new project didn't help. All other applications within Pro are working just fine.

The only thing I can figure may be the problem is that I color corrected by 4 long camera clips before combining them to multi cam.

Crazy times.

Eric

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Robert d'Alexis
on May 22, 2018 at 7:10:54 pm

Hi Eric
I feel your pain.
The audio bug has also hit me but as a quick workaround I just click on the solo button(s) of the affected track(s) and the audio "magically" reappears. Give that a try and see if it fixes your audio issues.
FWIW, I am using a Win 10 PC.

Return to posts index

Eric Merklein
on May 23, 2018 at 6:00:00 pm

YOU SAVED ME! Turning on the solo button brought ch. 1 and 2 back to life!

Who knew ☺

Thank you so much Robert.

Eric

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Robert d'Alexis
on May 24, 2018 at 3:44:39 am

You're most welcome Eric.
It's always a pleasure to help a fellow Premiere user.
Happy editing.
Robert

PS: I read on the Adobe Premiere Pro forum that an update is forthcoming that will address this audio issue.

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on May 23, 2018 at 10:58:17 am

Eric -

Adding color correction to clips within a multicam group should have no bad side effects, I do it all the time with no penalty. It might be that upgrading to 12.1 is the problem, I haven't upgraded yet, so I can't offer any help there. Before making that assumption let me ask you a basic question - did you use the Ppro "make multicam" dialogue to create your multiclip and if so which of the audio types did you specify - "Camera 1", "All Cameras" or "Switch Audio"? This is very important to understanding where your problems may lie.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Eric Merklein
on May 23, 2018 at 6:02:58 pm

Hello again Herb.

I received a tip from Robert D'Alexis. He had the same problem, and found that turning on the solo mutton brought everything back to life.

I tried it and it actually does work! Who knows why.

Thanks for getting back.

E

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]