FORUMS: list search recent posts

Auto sizing background box for subtitles

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Conan Stott
Auto sizing background box for subtitles
on May 15, 2018 at 12:14:09 am

HI there, I have searched for the answer but the one that I found was pretty old with broken links.

So can anyone please help me with automatically resizing a background box for subtitles? For example, I need a semi transparent box to be behind all of my text subtitles and the boundaries of the box need to be exactly 40 pixels away from any text.

I can resize this manually for each subtitle but that is a huge time waste. Is there a way, either within premier or 3rd party software, that I can set the background box to re-size automatically?

Thanks, much appreciated

Conan

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: Auto sizing background box for subtitles
on May 15, 2018 at 4:05:30 am

This question just came up on another forum and the winning answer for simplicity was:

type some text. Centre justify it. Draw a box around it. Pin the box to the text (in the EG panel). Select the left and right sides of it (also in EG panel). Done.

the key is to make use of the options in the essential graphics panel.

Windows 10 Pro | i7-5820k CPU | NvidiaGeForceGTX970 | Blackmagic Decklink 4k Mini Monitor |
Adobe CC 2018 |Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0 | Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 | Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with FreeFileSync

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
Re: Auto sizing background box for subtitles
on May 15, 2018 at 10:32:14 pm

If you use open captions it will create a box which adjusts automaticly to the text.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]