FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sorting out Project panel with 3rd Party plugins?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rodrigo Marión
Sorting out Project panel with 3rd Party plugins?
on May 12, 2018 at 12:44:08 pm

Dear Creative Cowers,

I’ve been using Premiere and After Effects for many years now.. However, I’ve still got to see an ‘easy’ way to clean up your project within Premiere Pro. By clean up I mean sort out the files in the Project panel into folders such as by Type, Label or similar.

I use Motion script for AE when I want to achieve this. It has a Sort function that bypasses the current folder structure and sorts all the files into solids, graphics, audio, comps, etc etc.
I also know the script TidyUp for AE which does exactly the same.

I would be very interested to know if there is something like this for Premiere Pro, maybe a plug-in or something...

While I’m very organized with my folder structure outside of Premiere. I tend to edit very fast and don’t pay attention to the exponential stacking up of images, videos, adjustment layers, etc. If I could mid--project decide to reorganise my project Panel to find things easier, perhaps after executing ‘Collect Files’ would be very handy.

Thanks in advance!
Rod

Return to posts index

Roger Averdahl
Re: Sorting out Project panel with 3rd Party plugins?
on May 12, 2018 at 4:28:55 pm

AFAIK, there are no such plug-ins/scripts aviable since no scripts can be used in Premiere Pro

Good to know for the next project is that if you create a bin called let´s say Audio all you have to do to force the audio files into that bin when importing is to select that bin before you import. If you select a bin and import anything it will end up in the bin that were selected. It´s not what you want, but by starting a project with creating those bins it is easier to force the right files into them. In the end you will save time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]