FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multicam Audio Issues

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer Smale
Multicam Audio Issues
on May 11, 2018 at 3:15:43 pm

I am working in Premiere Pro CC 2017 and using multicam to sync multiple video clips with my audio source. I am using multicam as I want to be able to see all my audio within the edit as well as using match frame. Thus nesting is out of the question as it does not show you all your audio. However, the multicam is mixing my audio tracks in my editing sequence, an effect I do not want. At the same time it is creating a large amount of, what appear to be, blank track. Is there a solution or workaround that allows all the tracks to be viewed from a multicam in the editing sequence?

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: Multicam Audio Issues
on May 11, 2018 at 3:45:12 pm

This is either a Premiere bug or a convoluted setup within Premiere because I too have had to deal with this issue and so far the only solution/workaround I've gotten to work is:

Do your edit of the multicam clip into your timeline but set it to video only. Then turn off the icon "insert or overwrite sequences as nests or indiviual clips." This icon is located at the top left corner just under the timecode in the timeline. Now go back to your in point, turn on the audio tracks you want to insert and edit them into your timeline.

Toggling that icon makes it relatively easy because it remembers the tracks that you've used so it's a quick process to do separate video and audio edits.

Windows 10 Pro | i7-5820k CPU | NvidiaGeForceGTX970 | Blackmagic Decklink 4k Mini Monitor |
Adobe CC 2018 |Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0 | Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 | Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with FreeFileSync

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
on May 12, 2018 at 11:38:04 am

You *probably* want your multicam sequence to be multichannel, such that A1 routes to A1 etc. Test, test test though.

Whenever I tried to emulate avid style multicam audio workflows it fell apart when flattening the resultant edit, so have tended to edit with raw audio & multicam Video. As these have mostly been sit down interview style it’s pretty easy.

Have not done a typical entertainment style multicam with multiple audio isos. Not sure it’s possible. Be glad to hear news to the contrary.

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on May 13, 2018 at 4:01:12 pm

[Jennifer Smale] " Is there a solution or workaround that allows all the tracks to be viewed from a multicam in the editing sequence?"

Yes.

If you want to see all the tracks from all the cameras then in the "create multicam" dialogue box, in the bottom selection window choose "all cameras" not, as I am suspecting "camera 1" which is the default choice.

"Camera 1" is great for using second source audio or when your only audio sources are coming from a single camera, or when all your cameras have the exact same audio.

Unfortunately there is no way to switch a multicam clip between different audio layouts once they are created. You will have to create the multiclips from scratch to get what you want.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]