FORUMS: list search recent posts

My Step by step to output 0-255 video levels in Premiere CS6 and Encore CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan Janowski
My Step by step to output 0-255 video levels in Premiere CS6 and Encore CS6
on May 10, 2018 at 7:25:56 pm

Because it can be done, but I've never seen a step by step procedure on how to......

It can be done, but it isn't clear exactly how it is accomplished, and there are display settings that must be changed...

First... Set Display card settings... I used NVidia Control Panel:
Adjust Video Color Settings (Advanced) for Full Display 0-255
Note... With your Display set for 0-255 Your Primary display may not show difference between 235 and 255. However, if you look closely a Reference Monitor set for YC waveform WILL SEE the difference between 235 & 255. Note that 2nd output (HDMI output in my laptop) may see the difference between 235 and 255... Disregard the Program monitor NOT seeing difference between 235 and 255..

Premiere CS6.... When you are done with the edit... Export timeline (or piece of such) via ONE of these THREE SETTINGS:
H.264 Blu-Ray
MPEG2 Blu-Ray
MPEG2 DVD

Import those files into Encore and burn as normal... Disregard that your program monitor is not seeing the difference between 235 and 255....

DVD's and BR's burned this way WILL SHOW 0-255 levels!!

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: My Step by step to output 0-255 video levels in Premiere CS6 and Encore CS6
on May 10, 2018 at 7:44:59 pm

The Nvidia control panel settings are for display only do not affect any exports. Also all of those formats store data in video levels that are then scaled to data levels when they are shown on a television or a monitor.

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on May 10, 2018 at 8:13:32 pm

Without changing it you won’t see 0-255 on YC waveform.
You won’t see it on PPRO PGM monitor afterward

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on May 10, 2018 at 8:41:33 pm

It only affects the output video level that goes to your monitor. It has nothing to do with how Premiere is outputting the image or how Premiere is rendering the scopes.

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on May 10, 2018 at 9:36:12 pm

I could not see 255 without it on dell laptop

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on May 11, 2018 at 10:01:35 am

Not that even after you change NVidia Control Panel to 0-255, the Only display that actually switches to 0-255 is the Waveforms, and only YC waveforms are accurate... RGB is clipped, and Component (YUV) is incorrect, though it also shows 0-255...

Note that any Composite Monitor (Edit or Program Monitor-- Or Reference Monitor) does not see this change in CS6..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]