FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is this even possible?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bailey Edenburn
Is this even possible?
on May 10, 2018 at 6:28:15 pm

Ok, so upfront, I've never worked in premiere pro. I do want to know if it would be possible to do something in premiere. I edit livestock sale videos and we put things like birth weight in the video, however, those numbers can change weekly (ex: https://vimeo.com/258195857). Would there be a way to build a layer within premiere that I can then just export data to from say an excel spreadsheet? Basically I'm looking for a quick way to update the video without having to rebuild the background template.
Thank you for any input.

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
Re: Is this even possible?
on May 10, 2018 at 9:20:41 pm

No, that's not possible. You'll need to make changes manually. Just duplicate the sequence, and then copy-paste the new values from your spreadsheet into whatever title text you've built.

Return to posts index

Scott Fleener
on May 16, 2018 at 10:22:01 pm

Unfortunately From what I researched its not

Return to posts index

Joe Bender
on May 31, 2018 at 9:11:31 pm

You can probably do at least part of this using a method I use to generate subtitles with a utility called psTitles by Andreas Kiel: http://www.spherico.com/filmtools/TitleExchange/psTiltles/index.html

You can create a spreadsheet with three columns, Timecode In, Timecode Out, and Contents. Then you export the spreadsheet as a CSV file, rename it to .stl, and use psTitles to generate TIFF files according to a template. psTitles also exports an XML sequence file. When you import the XML into Premiere, your titles are laid out in a timeline with the appropriate in/out/duration. You can then copy/paste those subs over your edit.

I don't think it's exactly what you're looking for, but it lets you quickly generate and import a large number of text items from a spreadsheet.

Hope that helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]