FORUMS: list search recent posts

newbie question - track existing footage ?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david furst
newbie question - track existing footage ?
on May 8, 2018 at 8:41:15 pm

hi all,

i'm in the middle of learning how to use premiere pro and i've come to an issue that's causing me grief. suppose you've got some existing footage of an object and you want to add text to it, making it look as though the text were actually painted on the object. the issue is, the footage moves ; the camera's panned the view or zoomed or whatnot, so it's not just a simple question of plonking down a title and bob's yer uncle. the way i've been handling this is by painstakingly updating the key frames of the overlay for scale and position every few frames. this works, but needless to say, it's a PITA...

i was thinking, there must be a better way to do this... perhaps there's some sort of software plugin or something that will track movement of an underlying layer of footage ? you veteran film editors, how would you do this ?

fyi, i've got cs6 and no after-effects.

cheers.

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: newbie question - track existing footage ?
on May 9, 2018 at 2:03:36 pm

You can try keyframing til the cows come home and not get a smooth, acceptable result. AfterEffects motion tracker would be the way to go. Don't have AE? Then you'll want to come up with another option. Veteran editors use AE.
TC

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on May 9, 2018 at 2:31:27 pm

Mocha software

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

david furst
on May 10, 2018 at 2:11:43 pm

wow, that is some amazing software !
thanks much for the tips, guys. really only just starting to get into video, it's fascinating, but sometimes a bit daunting.
cheers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]