FORUMS: list search recent posts

Facebook live setup

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Adams
Facebook live setup
on May 8, 2018 at 2:17:34 am

Wasn't sure best place to post:
Client wants to shoot fb live on Wednesday. Can I just hdmi out of my camera into apple thunderbolt adapter into MacBook air without a compressor box dohickie like in this video or do I need the dohickie box?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Facebook live setup
on May 8, 2018 at 3:23:53 am

[Tom Adams] "Can I just hdmi out of my camera into apple thunderbolt adapter into MacBook air without a compressor box dohickie like in this video or do I need the dohickie box? "

Thunderbolt supports video signals but it is for output only. The "doohickie box" aka. the I/O device (in the video you posted they're only input devices) can take the signal from the the camera and change it into to an input format streaming programs can use.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Facebook live setup
on May 8, 2018 at 6:24:05 pm

An appropriate Black Magic capture device (or similar) will work, but you do need some sort of software that accepts the video coming in from capture card and feeds it to ENCODER software such as WireCast or Adobe Flash Media Encoder or something like that. This will convert to the actual streaming video signal and send it where it needs to go (you configure all that in streaming software).

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]