FORUMS: list search recent posts

Closed Caption Issues

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rafael Parlatore
Closed Caption Issues
on May 6, 2018 at 3:58:45 am

Hi, I use Maccaption and Caption to produce Closed Caption.
When I import the .MCC file in premiere, there are some problems. Like:

When I select 608 CC in premiere, some accents are lost, for example: "por quê você" It appears like this in Premiere "por quê voc". When I select 708 CC it loses the positioning made in Caption Maker. Lines on bottom appear on top, lines in right appears on left. I don't know ow what to do anymore, I asked Telestream support, but they say that is a issue is Premiere Pro, Adobe doesn't give any answered. Anyone else is having a similar issue??? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: Closed Caption Issues
on May 6, 2018 at 10:24:52 am

As the char did encode the first time, it should be properly supported.
Now, only thing (besides stuff under the hood that is invisible) I can imagine, do you have enough loading time?
(Old captions need time to load as they are encoded in a very old way for analogue TV.)
What happens if you have just this caption and play back starting some 5 sec. before it should come up?

What happens if you encode your file and look at it in VLC?

Are you going to broadcast? If so, why not ask your broadcaster to have a look at a sample file?

Bouke
http://www.videotoolshed.com

Return to posts index

Rafael Parlatore
Re: Closed Caption Issues
on May 6, 2018 at 7:59:04 pm

Hi Bouke,

It has enough time.
Acctulay everytime that has two "^" accents, the last one disappear with the letter.
If I import the .mcc file to Caption Maker or MacCatpion the accent is there. This only happen when I check with the 608 in Premire.
When I export in Premiere to a mov or mxf with CC and open through Quicktime and Switch in both the accent and letter do not appears.

When checking the same .mcc file in Premiere but with 708 CC, the accent and letters are there, but in 708 it loses all the positioning, like I said, when CC should be on TOP its on Bottom, Left appears in right.

I'm running the latest version of Premiere Pro.

I dont know more what to do. Adobe dosent answered this question so far. (I'm having this issue for more than a year).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]