FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recent Update of Premiere has made timeline very "choppy" and it is Definitely not my hardware

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucas Garvey
Recent Update of Premiere has made timeline very "choppy" and it is Definitely not my hardware
on May 4, 2018 at 2:51:35 am

I'm working on a 2013 Mac Pro with a thunderbolt 2 external drive. Recently I updated Premiere Pro, doing so has made the timeline do something I haven't seen before, for every 3 frames it plays, it jumps back 2 frames, it's very bizarre. Here's a clip of what I mean, all I'm doing is pressing play.

It happens in every project file and using several different drives, I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no use. I do not think it is the hardware not being up to speed because if I scrub through a timeline it's smooth as butter, it's only when I press play that it gets "choppy." If you have any experience with something like this or have any ideas on what to do, I would greatly appreciate some suggestions.

Return to posts index

Thomas Hanser
Re: Recent Update of Premiere has made timeline very "choppy" and it is Definitely not my hardware
on May 5, 2018 at 12:16:18 am

Having the same problems with Adobe Premiere Pro 2018 on either my Dell Precision (Win 10) or my Mac Pro.

You described it exactly right - a few frames forward, then a few frames backward.

If I uninstall 2018 and install 2017, will my 2018 project files open in 2017?

Thanks!

Thomas Hanser
Seattle, WA

Return to posts index

Thomas Hanser
Re: Recent Update of Premiere has made timeline very "choppy" and it is Definitely not my hardware
on May 5, 2018 at 12:38:41 am

Just found it!!!

I went into Edit > Preferences > Audio Hardware and then changed Default Input to "No Input." It was set to the input of my sound card, which currently has no device plugged in to it. Not sure why that would cause it, but as soon as I changed this I was able to preview the video file with no stutter in the playback.

Thomas Hanser
Seattle, WA

Return to posts index

John Pale
on May 5, 2018 at 2:17:57 am

No, but you can use this to convert them back

http://joshcluderay.com/downgrade-premiere-project-converter/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]