FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lower third as a matte

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Patrick
Lower third as a matte
on May 1, 2018 at 2:53:23 pm

I've been given a lower third to bring into a project. It looks like an inverted matte. How do I place this on top of the clips and make it transparent above the clips so that it operates as a lower third. Right now its black video with the matte. I'm assuming I use the set matte effect? Not sure.

Thanks so much,
Max

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Lower third as a matte
on May 2, 2018 at 2:29:42 pm

Hi Max,

What format is the image you were provided? Have you tried it in Premiere yet? I ask because when simply opening an image in an image viewer, if the files does have alpha channel transparency, those areas will simply appear as black. So without seeing the image, hard for me to say what to do with it. Can you possibly attach it so we can test it out for you?

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Matt Patrick
on May 2, 2018 at 3:01:50 pm

I figured it out. I was given a lower third graphic and it's matte, neither of which were exported with an alpha channel.

I laid the graphic on the highest layer, with the underlying footage we wanted the graphic over below it, and then the matte below that. I then applied the set matte effect to the graphic, took the matte from the layer the matte was on, and from the drop down, used Luminance for the matte.

I've attached some photos. Hopefully this helps some people out!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on May 2, 2018 at 4:12:43 pm

You didn't say at first that the lower third was animated .mov video, that changes things 😉

Glad you got it sorted. Didn't make sense to me why someone would provide you with a lower third still with a matte...

Thinking about it now, perhaps apply the matte (with no video below), then EXPORT as a video with alpha channel, then whenever you need to apply the lower third you'd no longer need to mess with a matte, lower would have alpha embedded.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]