FORUMS: list search recent posts

exporting damaged file

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Adams
exporting damaged file
on Apr 25, 2018 at 2:19:27 pm

Hello,

I shot some footage last week that was not appearing on my hard drive from my SD card. There was a problem because i shut down the recording device quit abruptly. I used Phoenix video stellar recovery software to open the file and import into premiere. The file footage looks just fine when I played it back and edited it within premier but when I try to export (using mp4 codec in media encoder) I get nothing but a weird red & green screen in the encoding window of my media encoder window. agh? is there a way for me to export it cleanly?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: exporting damaged file
on Apr 25, 2018 at 3:30:58 pm

Export as a still sequence... Delete any corrupt frames... Import the still sequence and see what happens.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: exporting damaged file
on Apr 25, 2018 at 9:01:58 pm

Try and export to an intermediate codec first, such as Cineform or DNxHD. If that comes out okay, then convert that file to an .mp4 format.

Or - render the timeline (to green) then Export with "Use Previews" checked. Make sure the preview render codec is something decent first, not "MPEG".

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]