FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to make a file using videos with different FPS? Audio sync issue

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gennady Gaidukevich
How to make a file using videos with different FPS? Audio sync issue
on Apr 23, 2018 at 7:34:17 pm

Hey guys! I have a problem. I’m using Premiere Pro to edit my videos. I have different FPS in my footage. For example, night videos have low FPS while day videos have 30 FPS. But I need to compose them in one file. So I start new project with 30 FPS and put there some night scenes along with day scenes. But then I see that night scenes have audio unsynced. Is it because of FPS differences (project has 30 FPS while night scenes have 15)? And what do I do to fix it? I can’t render it into two different files because it’s like cutting out the scene from the film. I need to have all the scenes in one video. And they have different FPS. ☹ I want to get rid off that audio sync issue.

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: How to make a file using videos with different FPS? Audio sync issue
on Apr 23, 2018 at 9:42:25 pm

Was your Audio Recorded on a separate Audio Recorder on in Camera.
And really what was the reasoning behind shooting the night footage at 15fps.
That really makes no sense and is a recipe for disaster.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTTO: If you think three copies of your Media or Projects are enough. Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more. Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

Gennady Gaidukevich
on Apr 24, 2018 at 6:15:23 am

I'm using smartphone so audio and video were recorded on one single device.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 24, 2018 at 2:02:01 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Apr 24, 2018 at 2:07:18 pm

[Gennady Gaidukevich] "I'm using smartphone..... "

Now, THAT'S a red flag!

Here's an important question: did you use an app on your phone that forces a phone camera to work like a REAL video camera? One that makes it shoot at fixed frame rates and improved video codecs?

If you did not, you're suffering from variable frame rate issues because phones shoot at variable frame rates. You can TRY to fix your current footage, but you will still have problems. It just won't work properly. It gets worse with lip-sync audio.

And Brent is 100% correct -- mixing frame rates in the same edit timeline just invites trouble. It CAN be done, but the people doing it know how various frame rates interact with each other, AND they have very specific reasons for doing it... mostly surrounding the speed of the subject's motion.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]