FORUMS: list search recent posts

VLC Player and Windows 10 Movies and TV player Trim feature. Does it reduce quality?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryce Douglass
VLC Player and Windows 10 Movies and TV player Trim feature. Does it reduce quality?
on Apr 20, 2018 at 8:18:01 pm

Hello,

I have been experimenting with trimming video files in both VLC player using the recording feature to record a segment of a .mp4 or .mts clip and it saves a new clip without it exporting anything. It takes seconds vs exporting a clip in Premiere Pro CC. Also, in Windows 10 Movies and TV app it has a built in trim feature that just had sliders to trim a video and save it as a new one without encoding it. I'm guessing this doesn't reduce the quality but mantains the same quality as the original file?

I even went into premeire and used blend modes difference and stacked the original clip against the trimmed clip and see no artifacts or pixels showing through and I have the program monitor in premiere outputted to a 20 inch Monitor

Bryce

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: VLC Player and Windows 10 Movies and TV player Trim feature. Does it reduce quality?
on Apr 22, 2018 at 6:03:47 pm

its possible it can stream uncompressed. the best way to check difference mode is apply heavy contrast to both clips before difference mode as our eyes may not see 4:2:0 color recompression hidden in low luminance values; or better yet, a RGB pixel sampler.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]