FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Minimize" Windows CC2018 Crashes

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Freeman III
"Minimize" Windows CC2018 Crashes
on Apr 18, 2018 at 12:55:59 am

After weeks of daily crashes (dozens per day) with Premiere Pro cc2018 I found a Windows solution to greatly minimize CRASHES caused by the most mundane of activities.......

I turned off "Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed in addition to file properties" for each drive used by Premiere Pro...Program drive, media drive, scratch drive and render drive.

I still get low level exceptions with Lumetri and occasionally other plugins...I have learned the hard way that once a low level exception message appears, it is best to save the project, exit Premiere Pro, and restart the PC.

I wish I could say something NICE about Adobe (a Photoshop user since version 2.0, After Effects User since 5.0, and Premiere Pro user since 5.0), but I can't. Stability, especially since the advent of Creative Cloud, has not been part of the there corporate culture.

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: "Minimize" Windows CC2018 Crashes
on Apr 18, 2018 at 5:25:32 am

Unfortunately yours is a localized issue. You may want to think about doing a clean install of windows and reloading your Adobe CC programs in order to reset your computer. The level of crashes you're experiencing is definitely not normal.

It should help to have indexing of your drives turned off though.

Windows 10 Pro
i7-5820k CPU
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Adobe CC 2018
Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0
Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280
Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with FreeFileSync

Return to posts index

Joseph Freeman III
Re: "Minimize" Windows CC2018 Crashes
on Apr 18, 2018 at 1:00:43 pm

Greg,

Thank you for your reply. I agree " The level of crashes you're experiencing is definitely not normal."

Short of a complete re-installation of Windows Pro, I had uninstalled CC2018 and all third party software, ran the Adobe software scrubber, cleaned my registry, ran windows SFC, ran SiSoftware's Sandra system checker, a complete Virus scan, and re-installed only Premiere Pro, Media Encoder, and After Effects.

After disabling the allow index for each drive (13 in total) did I experience "Minimal" crashes, only three in a four-five hour period. Most Adobe errors, after the described re-installation process, were Low Level exception: Lumetri or MXF related issues. (I use DNx as my preferred Preview format and as the Render and Replace format for AE Linked files)

My post was meant to share my observation in good faith for those experiencing issues in a Windows work environment.

Joseph

Windows 10 Pro
i7-5820k CPU
32 GB DDR4 RAM
ASUS X99-A MoBo
13x internal fans
1000 WPS
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
ASUS PB287Q Monitor (4k 10bit)
Adobe CC 2018
OS/Program: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0
Project: Samsung 500 SSD