FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Bug with Blackmagic Decklink 4k mini monitor

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
greg janza
Premiere Bug with Blackmagic Decklink 4k mini monitor
on Apr 17, 2018 at 7:17:13 pm

I'm running the latest version of Blackmagic's Desktop Video Setup with Premiere 12.0 and sending my video output through HDMI to a Lilliput professional monitor. And my GPU is a 970GTX.

If I create a 24p timeline in Premiere, when I start playing back my timeline my output monitor switches to 24 hz. Likewise, if I create a 29.97 timeline, before playing back, my monitor switches to 30 hz. This might all be normal but the problem is that Premiere takes 2-4 secs to reset the refresh rate in order to play back each timeline.

So this impacts the editing of a project with mixed frame rate media quite dramatically because I'm continuously waiting for the monitor to post an image when switching between different frame rate footage.

At first I thought it might be my HDMI connection. I made sure I had a 2.0a HDMI cable. I then output the Premiere signal to multiple monitors to rule out the monitor itself. The problem presents itself on a variety of monitors.

Lastly, I downloaded Resolve 15 and attempted to re-create this problem in Resolve but couldn't. Resolve works perfectly. There's no delay switching between frame rates. All output to the monitor is instantaneous.

So then it sure appears to be Premiere bug. Has anyone else who uses a Blackmagic Decklink 4k mini monitor with Premiere encountered this bug?

Windows 10 Pro
i7-5820k CPU
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Adobe CC 2018
Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0
Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280
Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with FreeFileSync

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]