FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sharing project files with team

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
denisa costin
Sharing project files with team
on Apr 16, 2018 at 11:22:05 am

Hei guys,

I need some help figuring the best way possible to share projects and edit them within the team. We are a team of 4, so each of us would work on a piece of video at the same time...I understand Pro came out with Team Project, however I can't share it with my team ? Do I need to write their Adobe ID? Basically our company has one Adobe ID, so we all work from that specific one ... We have a drive where we keep all the adobe files so we can all access it, but it is too slow and it sometimes results in our AE or Premiere Pro projects to crash... We mostly work in Premiere but we do add lots of assests and AE compositions (motion graphics, small animations, etc).

Any recommendations on how to organise /all team to work on the same file ?

Cheers!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Sharing project files with team
on Apr 16, 2018 at 5:10:59 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Apr 16, 2018 at 5:26:35 pm

I wouldn't touch Adobe Team with a ten-foot pole. It doesn't work reliably AT ALL.

It's one of those features Adobe added to lure in new Creative Cloud renters, and they didn't pay a lot of attention to getting it to work in the many ways a team might actually work. In other words, use it at your own risk.

And don't expect a lot of help from this forum if you do decide to use it -- hardly anyone here uses it, so there's no body of experience from which to draw. You would basically be on your own if you encounter problems.

The Brave New World Of Collaboration isn't here quite yet, I regret to say.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

denisa costin
on Apr 16, 2018 at 6:42:56 pm

Thank you for the reply Dave! I was honestly going mad researching how to work the Team project, but most of the research i found has been negative and most tutorials were not helpful at all. It's quite a bummer :(

Return to posts index

Michael Hoefler
on Apr 17, 2018 at 5:34:33 am

Hello Dave

I have to say that Adobe Team works quite well for us (Team of 3 editors) since almost 6 months. We worked on about 30 projects so far and had not one serious problem. Well, in 1 out of 10 times it needs a second start to reconnect but that's it. To be on the safe side we copy very often the team project back to a regular project in case we run into problems. For us, this adds so many opportunities and we will expand the usage. And we are avoiding some problems. For example, we have often problems opening regular projects on diverse platforms. Going from Mac to Win and vice versa. At some time during the lifeline of the project, it won't open anymore on the Mac. If we convert to a Team Project, we can open this project on any platform at any time.

What you definitely need is a stable and reliable internet connection. Create snapshots of the project (save to a regular project).

We are very happy with Team Projects so far.

Michael

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 17, 2018 at 4:23:39 pm

Glad to hear it -- when the nice lady has problems, you're nominated to be her go-to guy.

Deer in the headlights........

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Hoefler
on Apr 17, 2018 at 4:41:18 pm

Hi Dave

well, actually I cannot help her. I think she is referring to the feature "Shared Projects" within a local team. We are working with editors in Switzerland, Germany, and the US. So, we are using the "Team Project" feature. Have no plan how the local version performs.

Sorry, Denisa.

Return to posts index

denisa costin
on Apr 18, 2018 at 1:44:25 pm

Hahaha, that's okay Michael. I am glad it worked out for you and your team! We are a team of 4 and all of us work on PCs. It's just the account that is the problem from what I see. We don't all have separate Adobe ID's , we all kind of use the same account.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]