FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing hh:mm:ss on timeline. Only showing frames.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Moog Gravett
Missing hh:mm:ss on timeline. Only showing frames.
on Apr 13, 2018 at 9:45:48 am
Last Edited By Moog Gravett on Apr 13, 2018 at 10:59:31 am

Hi folks,

Since upgrading to the latest Premiere Pro, I seem to have lost the HH:MM:SS option to display on the timeline. All I have is frames.

If I right click or CMD-click, there's no other option. I can't seem to see anything in the main preferences.

Anyone else have this, or know of a deep menu solution I'm not aware of?

Thanks Folks.

Moog

It seems that setting up a new sequence today has the matter resolved as normal. It would still be nice to know why it happened if anyone has suggestions please.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Missing hh:mm:ss on timeline. Only showing frames.
on Apr 13, 2018 at 4:59:29 pm

[Moog Gravett] "Anyone else have this, or know of a deep menu solution I'm not aware of?"

Not a deep menu thing, but an Adobe thing. They really screwed the pooch with this update. Lots of problems reported.

....which I don't have, because it's my policy to remain one version number behind. I'm happily doing my work in Creative Cloud 2017, with nary a problem. Just one After Effects crash in the past... what, six months?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joseph Freeman III
on Apr 18, 2018 at 3:53:56 am

Dave,

In your experience, does Adobe FIX the problems of the current version (update) before releasing an upgrade to the next version?

Thanks?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 18, 2018 at 5:50:39 pm

It fixes most things. Not all.
But I've found that the last update to a current version runs far, far more reliably than a new version will perform for many months.

Thus, I stay a version behind. I'm happily running the final update to CC 2017. No big problems!

I MIGHT get CC 2018 when CC 2019 or CC 2020 (whatever) is released.
But the jury's out -- dropping support for many Quicktime legacy codecs is a real deal-breaker for me.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Joseph Freeman III
on Apr 19, 2018 at 2:02:40 am

If you find an alternative to Premiere Pro, that is STABLE, reasonably priced, and has 50% of Premiere Pro's functionality, PLEASE put me on your alert list.

I have spent the day (9:30 am-7:00pm minus lunch and restroom breaks) reformatting, reinstalling Windows 10 Pro, Premiere Pro, After Effects and Media Encoder, Red Giant's Magic Bullet 13.1 and Sound Toys 5.2 and that is it and Still I got a crash after a Lumetri low level exception...

As a last resort, I am installing cc2017 and will do a XML import to see if there is any improvement...

That doesn't work, I'll dump all lumteri effects and apply colorista...

Burn a candle for me...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 19, 2018 at 2:46:32 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Apr 19, 2018 at 3:03:43 pm

[Joseph Freeman III] "If you find an alternative to Premiere Pro, that is STABLE, reasonably priced, and has 50% of Premiere Pro's functionality, PLEASE put me on your alert list."

Would you accept FREE?

I recommend you investigate Blackmagic's Da Vinci Resolve. It's primarily a color correction & grading application, but it ALSO is a video editing application. The free version has fewer features -- as you'd expect -- but you may not need the missing features.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/

For the princely sum of $0.00 you can check it out. If it does what you need, you're set!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Joseph Freeman III
on Apr 19, 2018 at 4:07:37 pm

Hi Dave and thanks for your on going responses.

I seem to have resolved most of my Premiere Pro cc2018 issues.

This current "Crash Prone" cc2018 project was exported via Project Manager from another computer, which required me to upgrade from cc2017. From the beginning of my involvement, this project had issues, which I attributed to cc2018 and inherent new rollout bugs. Yesterday, I scrubbed my system, reinstalled Windows 10 Pro, and reinstalled only the minimal necessary cc2018 programs, as well as needed third party plugins. This did not solve the issue. In my panic, I exported a XML copy of the project, then downloaded Vegas Pro15 and imported the cc2018 project, which didn't work, then the XML project which did not work. I then co-installed cc2017 and imported the XML which only made the issues worst.

In a brief moment of inspiration (even a broken clock is right twice a day), I opened the cc2018 project and also created a new project and copy/pasted objects from one timeline to another. In the new project I had no issues at all.

Bottom line, when receiving a project first thing is to create a new project and copy-paste one timeline to another...

Your suggestion on Resolve was considered, but I always have too much work to take time to learn a new NLE. Additionally, the "Node Based" learning curve would be very steep.

Have a great day and I'm sure I'll continue to see your "If it ain't broke don't fix it" sage advice in the Creative Cow forums.

Joseph

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]