FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compatibility of legacy Quicktime Codecs and the latest Premiere Pro release

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
greg janza
Compatibility of legacy Quicktime Codecs and the latest Premiere Pro release
on Apr 12, 2018 at 4:45:31 pm

I'm not sure why Adobe didn't make an attempt to fully educate the user base about this change but here's a link to a thread on the Adobe forums that clarifies.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2473026

Windows 10 Pro
i7-5820k CPU
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Adobe CC 2018
Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0
Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280
Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with FreeFileSync

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Compatibility of legacy Quicktime Codecs and the latest Premiere Pro release
on Apr 12, 2018 at 11:48:57 pm

This refers to old, inefficient codecs like uncompressed QT and others that are no longer used except by newbies and the like who don’t know better. It’s not like Adobe just up and decided to leave their long term subscribers out in the cold and unable to edit their older, previously edited products, like Apple did when they released FCPX, which couldn’t even open FCP Legacy project files.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Compatibility of legacy Quicktime Codecs and the latest Premiere Pro release
on Apr 13, 2018 at 12:30:55 pm

I haven’t seen an official list of codecs that are no longer supported from Adobe. I got the warning on an Avid DNXHD Quicktime the other day, which surprised me, because I hardly consider that an old legacy codec.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]