FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting 5.1 Audio for Broadcast

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Whittington
Exporting 5.1 Audio for Broadcast
on Apr 10, 2018 at 6:00:25 pm

I need to export a spot for broadcast with 5.1 surround. The audio engineer provided an interleaved mixed WAV that I've dropped into a 5.1 audio layer like this...

For export, I changed the audio channel configuration from the default stereo to 5.1 like this...

Is that all there is to it? I guess there used to be a Dolby Digital output setting that is no longer available in Premiere? Does that mean you can no longer export 5.1 surround files out of Premiere without additional plugins?

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

Jamie Pickell
Re: Exporting 5.1 Audio for Broadcast
on Apr 11, 2018 at 5:51:09 pm

Check this out for exporting 5.1

Jamie

Return to posts index

James Whittington
on Apr 11, 2018 at 6:10:29 pm

Thank you for the response. That is what I did but it got rejected by QC because apparently I need a stereo mix on channels 7 & 8. Made a new post about it but still trying to figure that one out!

Return to posts index

Jamie Pickell
on Apr 11, 2018 at 8:32:22 pm

Did you try making your sequence an 8 channel output instead of the 6 that's in the tutorial? You can then put your stereo left and right tracks on channels 7 & 8. When you go to export your cut select Multichannel under the audio tab and then under the output channels you should see SMPTE DTV (L R C LFE Ls Rs Lt Rt) as an option. (This is Premiere CC 12.0.1).

Jamie

Return to posts index

James Whittington
on Apr 11, 2018 at 9:49:28 pm

The SMPTE DTV output was the magic setting I was looking for! Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]