FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pitch Shifter makes audio go out of sync

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michelle Verdugo
Pitch Shifter makes audio go out of sync
on Apr 10, 2018 at 4:31:13 pm

I'm using pitch shifter to make some voices low and others high pitched and the audio wave forms don't "shift" when the effect is applied. So when the playhead hits the beginning of a waveform, there is a big lag until the audio plays. Makes it hard to edit quickly. Also when it's exported, the audio seems to shift again and some of the audio gets cut off towards the end of someone talking. It's such a pain to go in with tweezers and try to get it all synced through trial and error. Please help! I'm using Premiere Pro CC 12 and I'm on a newish Mac laptop running Sierra. I've looked at sequence settings and nothing seems amiss there - frame rate on native footage is 30 fps, sequence is 30 fps, audio sample rate is 44100, etc.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michelle Verdugo
Re: Pitch Shifter makes audio go out of sync
on Apr 10, 2018 at 5:34:09 pm

Right??? If only I knew Audition. I suspect I have some crosshairs in the audio tracks and that being precise and keeping it neat and clean (no tracks that have both pitched and non pitched clips) will fix it. I'll learn Audition and stop messing around soon....

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Apr 10, 2018 at 10:19:53 pm

Just curious... your footage sample rate is 44100, or sequence rate, or both? Video usually has a sample rate of 48000. Just wondering if you purposely chose 44100.
TC

Return to posts index

Michelle Verdugo
on Apr 11, 2018 at 1:23:06 am

I didn't choose that sequence rate, that's just what it was. Will circle back once I try 48000 - thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]