FORUMS: list search recent posts

Close-captioning for broadcast thru PremiereProCC

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Bayless
Close-captioning for broadcast thru PremiereProCC
on Apr 9, 2018 at 4:08:18 pm

I've followed the steps, watched the videos, read the guides but have yet to be successful in exporting a file from Premiere with close-captions embedded that is broadcast compliant. I can import the quicktime or mxf file back into Premiere and it sees the captions. But when I try and play them out in Quicktime or from a broadcast player, no go.
Has anyone had success in exporting and delivering broadcast compliant files with close-captions embedded in the file from Premiere? Or is a third-party plug-in required, like the Expert Broadcast plug in from Pixel Tools?
I am using the 2017.1.2 release of Premiere Pro CC

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Close-captioning for broadcast thru PremiereProCC
on Apr 9, 2018 at 5:36:04 pm

I work for a Cable channel and we deliver hundreds of files a day and a lot of them have CC embedded using Premiere.

That said getting them in correctly can be challenging. Each release of Premiere seems to have different issues. If your captions are coming back in correctly you should be good to go. The file viewer we have found to be the best for a quality check and confirmation of the captions is Telestream's Switch (Plus) it is now $199 but it works well. The $10 version will not display captions. IN premiere and switch you can toggle back and forth between 608 and 708 for QC'ing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]