FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video presentation with clickable timeline

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Jahnig
Video presentation with clickable timeline
on Apr 8, 2018 at 9:17:41 am

Hi,

I have been creating a Flash based presentation for a company for many years. It's basically a series of videos linked together with clickable buttons within a Flash swf which runs locally on a laptop at the event. The reason for this is because powerpoint and keynote are too limited and do not allow special animations or looping which can be done easily inside after effects. The problem is Flash can be a bit unreliable and is time consuming to build so i have to move away from that.

I need the presentation to function with a clicker to move from point to point, but link video files flawlessly so that it looks like it's all dynamic and one long presentation. Does there exist a piece of software like that?

Slide 1: video file 1 plays and stops ... (upon click)
Slide 2: video file 2 plays and loops ... (upon click)
Slide 3: video file 3 plays and stops ... (upon click)

etc. etc.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Video presentation with clickable timeline
on Apr 8, 2018 at 2:09:31 pm

Powerpoint should do that

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Apr 9, 2018 at 2:23:45 pm

When was the last time you used Powerpoint or Keynote? I think both will do what you are wanting. ProPresenter is another option.
TC

Return to posts index

Sean Jahnig
on Apr 14, 2018 at 8:52:51 am

Thanks. Powerpoint and keynote do allow you to put a video on each slide, but you don't have much control over looping and auto progressing to next slides upon completion of video etc. and worst of all, the transition from slide to slide is not flawless.

After a bit of experimenting, ProPresenter seems to do what i need to do. It'll just take some learning to use it properly. I find it hard to believe that there is such limited options for doing what i need to do. At the moment, ProPresenter appears to be the only software to do this

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Apr 16, 2018 at 4:49:56 pm

I will say, with the latest version of ProPresenter (version 6), I had issues running the video smoothly full-screen on the same computer that the presentation was running on. It could have just been the setup, but I've used it in the past quite successfully that same way with version 5. Renewed Vision seems to be pretty quick to respond to any issues.
Good Luck!
TC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]